The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

14b and boost creep

James

Ive never had a DSM/mmc with a 14b. They were either t25 or 16g.

So I have a 14b with full 3inch turbo back and some magma flow muffler.

The boost gauge will peg 10psi, then after about 5000rpm in first and second will jump to almost 20 psi sometimes. I'm running WG boost. ( line from Waste gate to Jpipe)

I didn't think a 14b would creep, much less creep(spike) 10psi. Do you think it's from the exhaust? Or could something else cause it?

123abc

Yup, good ol' 14b. Just get more fuel coming for it and be happy at 20 psi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

James

I don't have the means for getting more fuel at the moment -_- guess I wont drive it like a race car lol.

James

wont br driving it at all for a few days actually. Just replaced my bad battery to find out my alt is shot. getting 18v at the battery. on a good note, i just resealed all my injectors

DynastyLCD

you should check the wastegate actuator as well. if the diaphragm is leaking, it will cause the same symptoms.

if possible, lightly pressurize the wastegate actuator until the arm is fully extended, and listen for air leakage. if no leaks are present, and the actuator arm doesn't return, the actuator is good.

i just went through this problem with a friend's small 16g car. the actuator was leaking very slightly, allowing it to creep up to 18 - 20+ from the 13 it was set at.

MitsuDriver274

14B will creep even with a good actuator, it has to do with the dia of the waste gate. Only way to fix the issue is to bore out the waste gate +2mm.

James

Thanks guys. I'd rather account for the extra boost then to take it apart to bore it out. Hopefully my alternator will be in soon!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts