The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#86/2000 is back on the road after a year of sitting

Chicago1

Well its been over a year and dealing with work,flood in my house, court, remodeling, and a few other things #86/2000 is back on the road as of today. First and foremost I want to thank everyone who answered questions and gave me a hand. I want to thank. My man Kristen for coming down from AZ and putting the motor together and installing her in such short time. You are a master of your trade. I want to thank Nick for coming down at all times of the day and night showing and helping. Big thanks to dave and curtis and brett to getting me parts at the last minute. Also to my boy(damn I sound like I'm getting a emmy) Mike for lending a big hand and the motivation to get her back on the road. Also my son for helping and everyone else sorry I could go on..

We literally didn't have to do much after she started. Got her primed for firing and inital start fuel was spilling from the rail. I forgot to bolt the feed line down to the rail.oooops so 3 mins later that was done. Next turn no go because one of the plugs to the coil pack was plugged. Ooops again. 3rd time was a charm vroooooom. She sounded sweeeet like angels singing from the heavens above. I was amazed thee idle was dead set at 850 ac everything worked no issues idles like a champ. Only thing we had to do was set timing from 8 to 5 other then that nothing else. I did some misc things like hood, crossmembers wheels. I gave her a quick wash and ran around the block. Only issue is I have belt squel believe power steering belt but no biggie. I changed the oil and not one hint of shavings none zero zilch.not one leak drip hiccup nothing. Ill give her another 100 miles before next change. I was shaking before I was about to start her up I was so happy. Hopefully she continues to run well and keep me amazed for a long time coming thanks so much my friends. Next time you see me ill be in a 4g63 powered vehicle. Ill post pics later I'm typing all this from my phone and it sucks but wanted to share my happiness.

1g 6bolt Align honed mains with balance shaft oilers properly blocked. The block has never been torqued brand new block.
6bolt forged crank journals machined for same bearing clearance/polished., crower forged rods, stock bore je forged pistons, ACL hard race main/rod bearings all balanced together. New oil pan, pick up, etc etc you get the point.

bobdole

Congrads on getting her back on the road. Always scary when starting a new engine.

ktmrider

I was "almost" as excited and nervous as Chicago1 when he turned the key for the first time.

So glad to have you and #86 back on the road, definitely time to renew the Friday Night mini-meets in 'Burque!

Chicago1

I hear ya Mike!!! Now I can put the vette down and work on finishing up some little things. Can't wait to get everyone back together and doing work!!! Thanks again

ktmrider

And here is some proof! Sorry for the dark photo, BTW 464 is to the right:

Like mentioned it sucks but does show the non-JSB status.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned