The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Motor mounts

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Too general a question.

Do you mean the metal brackets that mount to the block and trans? Some but not all.

The rubber bushing parts? I think those may all be interchangeable.

And this is for AWD 1g, as FWD is different.

DynastyLCD

as iceman said, the metal brackets that mount to the block and trans, the trans side and timing side are the same, but the front bracket that bolts to the block is different. its stamped with a 344. as far as i know, the engine mounts that bolt to the body are the same, but i think there was a member that had the avid mounts and they had difficulty with one of them and had to use a stock with poly insert.

SmoothCustomer

Ok, I have a follow up question to this. I know the 344 bracket is specific to the GVR4, and it seems that people believe all of the actual mounts (not brackets, MOUNTS with the rubber bushing) are interchangeable, but does anyone know for sure? I did a lot of searching and didn't find my answer. I have one from what I understand is a transmission mount from an awd DSM (does this matter for the mounts? I know it matters for the bracket) and it seems as though the mount itself will be higher up. I haven't measured or anything but it looks that way to me. It is interchangeable in the sense that it has that funky bolt pattern that matches the factory gvr4 but it seems as though the position is a little different. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Ok, looks like I have a FWD bracket here.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned