The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1990 galant GSX location?

James

Its not behind the radio like im used to finding the ECU. all the wires are ran just inside of the passenger front door jamb, is that the ECU? i can only see wires, no box. If so, how the hell do i get that out? I see the bottom two bolts behind the ocean of wires, but are there 2 more at the top?

why? I want to know if the previous owner used the original ECU when he did the turbo setup or swapped to a 90 turbo ecu or a 91+ turbo ecu, ect ect ect.

(im still trying to figure out if he used the non turbo block and turboed it or if he swapped in a turbo motor) (oil filter housing look NT but the block has a knock sensor) -__- the joys of buying a used car.

holeshotmoe

That's the ecu with the three connectors in it. Ha...it's easy to pull. The issue is the contorted position you need to be in to see what you're doing. :) Unplug the connectors, remove the nut and bolt, tilt the bottom out and pull it down. The top has two pegs that hold that end in place.

Last edited:

James

thank you for your quick response. ill remove it now then post a picture to try and get some help identifying it.

instead of starting a new thread ill ask here. my injectors are black topped and say MDL450 on them. my OEM eclipse injectors are blue topped. Are black topped injectors normal?

James

Thank you for that. So is it just 1g injectors that are blue? 2g injectors are black?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned