The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2nd o2 sensor removal?

kitcho

I'm getting my exhaust done tommorow and the stock cat is coming out. However, there is an o2 (maybe a heat sensor?) post-cat that will have to be removed. What is the process for grounding it or whatever so that I don't trigger the dummy light for it once removed?

Thanks

Last edited:

kitcho

Okay, it isn't an o2, but ASA says "Sensor, Exhaust High Temperature" I thought it might have been some sort of heat sensor that would trigger if the cat failed? I can't read the warning in japanese on my sun visor.

Here's a pic of the sensor in question.

KVigj.png

Last edited:

ktmrider

Ah remember to remind us you have a JDM model in your posts.

Those are, like described, an EGT sensor. Subaru uses them on many of their EJ-T engines, doesn't actually measure specific temps per se but if a certain threshold is met it alters fuel/timing to help bring EGT's down.

Again using my Subaru experience we delete the probe and install a 2.2k ohm resistor across the two terminals. ECU still sees a "signal" and but not the danger threshold.

Last edited:

dandanger

They are just to warn about too Hot cat. They exist also on older jdm lancer evos. Just take the sensor off and put the wires together so the warning lamp doesnt light up constantly. Ive done so on my and no probs.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Maybe the OP would consider adding JDM and the appropriate car title to his signature? Just a thought.
Deleting these things would be fine in theory if they are only direct input to lights on the dash cluster and
have no real tuning repercussions as a result.

James

Why not just put it in the new exhaust?

kitcho

Quoting FlyingEagle:
Maybe the OP would consider adding JDM and the appropriate car title to his signature? Just a thought.
Deleting these things would be fine in theory if they are only direct input to lights on the dash cluster and
have no real tuning repercussions as a result.

My signature does say JDM and the year of car that I own...

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Hey, my bad! I think my screen setup is different from other peoples.
I don't see sig's on my screen, just the post information.
Been a long time since I tweaked the settings on this site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts