The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What exactly are the side skirts?

Are those the panels that click onto the side of the doors...the part that you can get the nifty JDM 16V Intercooled AWD Turbo Stickers for (if you want). Just trying to identify what the part is called because my front passenger one keeps falling off. There are like 12 plastic clips that hold it on and they are all broken. Today I had to pull it over and rip it off the door so I didn't lose it.

Anyone have a part number for the? I just want to make sure I call the panel the right thing before I call the parts department for new ones. In the alternative thinking of heading over to the help section at autozone etc to get some more tabs.

Thanks

Terry Posten

Get new clips from JNZ Tuning and get new 3m 1/4" double sided auto tape and put tape on top edge and end edges of the cladding. Prep is the most important step. Clean the door off perfectly and use some non-acetone fingernail polish remover and strip any wax/adhesive off the door metal and plastic cladding.

DO NOT put ap on the bottom edge go the cladding. It needs to be open to allow moisture to drain/dry away. Otherwise rust will be in your future.

raptorWagon

Gently! If you do it slow and gently enough, you will manage to save a few of those clips intact without breaking them off.

mikus

Just slip behind and soft prying forward? Hoping not to pay $10 to ship $2 in clips when I finally get around to this

Is there any known substitute clip option, maybe something off a DSM or in the drawers at ACE Hardware?

Terry Posten

I have not found a generic clip. The problem with clips are if the spacing from the backing slot to the actual clip point is too long, it rattles, too short, it warps the plastic panel and in either case, it fails to work for long.

Called JNZ tuning and they are cool as heck...even braced me for the fact that the clips are about $2.50 each for the 7 on the top and a bit less for the 7 on the bottom.

I dunno...alot of money to put a side skirt back on. Call me cheap and you'd be right!

Terry Posten

I may have some left as I bought all new for every part. I saved the good used ones.

Take a good pic of each type of clip and how many you need, and PM me.

I may be able o help out.

(And yes, I spent a small fortune for all the trim parts, chrome stripping, emblems, and tapes.)

Last edited:

Just sent you some pics....will take you up on your offer if you have any.

Thanks

MB319754 = top white ones (pack of 2)
MB567798 = bottom ones...sold individually

JNZ tuning seems to have the best deal on these....7 bucks to ship though so it's probably a draw if you are close to a dealership and just give them your credit card number over the phone.

Terry Posten

Quoting Terry Posten:
I may have some left as I bought all new for every part. I saved the good used ones.

Take a good pic of each type of clip and how many you need, and PM me.

I may be able o help out.

(And yes, I spent a small fortune for all the trim parts, chrome stripping, emblems, and tapes.)

Sorry man, just realized I never replied to you.

I only have 4 of the white ones left and I don't want to not have any in my junk drawer. Sorry I thought I had more left.

Lol, no worries I wouldn't either! I will treasure these clips. Heck it would have been just as cheap to let it fly of on the highway and get one from another member with the clips intact lol.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts