The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pedals

cheekychimp

Anyone ever fitted an aftermarket pedal set to the VR4? My pedals are worn through to the metal and the aftermarket pedals I was using are cheap and poorly secured. To be honest I think they are dangerous.

I'm looking to get some simple functional metal pedal covers and drill the OEM pedals to secure them properly. I was looking at the SRP pedals and like the Grid and Block designs.

The top ones are the Grid design for a Corolla AE86 and the bottom ones are the Block design for a CTS (is that a Cadillac?)

There are no GVR4 specific pedals, so I need to find something for another car that is compatible in terms of size. I don't think installation will be an issue as long as the OEM pedals are wide enough for the hole placement. I was just wondering if anyone had used pedals for any particular car with any success, or is it just a case of measuring the OEM pedals and asking SRP what they have in that sort of size? They have pedals supposedly for the EVO II, are those likely to be close in size?

Paul.

grocery_getter

Make sure your secondary pedal doesn't hang up your travel..

cheekychimp

What do you mean by "secondary" Andre? Are you just saying to make sure that once these 'covers' are fitted that they don't restrict the movement of the stock OEM pedal?

grocery_getter

Yeah. The bottom of the cover can overhang and cause you lost travel when it bottoms before the actual pedal does. Make sure the pedal can still maintain original travel. All 3 pedals are prone to this since they all pivot from above.

cheekychimp

Andre,

Yes I'd been warned about that. I think it's more of an issue with the throttle pedal because of the physical size of the pedal. Ironically with that pedal there seems to be a big problem with binding on the edge of the foot well as it angles in where the pedal pivots. The actual width of the pedal as much as it's height seems to be an issue there. But I can see plenty of other issues arising with both the other pedals if you don't get it right, reduced braking, poor clutch disengagement.

That was kind of why I wanted to see if anyone had done this and if any size/type of pedal worked. I think in the end it's probably just going to be a case of finding something about the right size and test mounting the covers to check range of movement before actually drilling anything.

pot

Staff member
I know iceman perormed this modification fairly recently as per his thread. He also had a FS thread too but was offering just the accelerator and brake pedal covers.

However, there is a genuine Ralliart pedal cover set for the EVO 7 - 9 et that pops from time to time that I've seen in person that appears as though it would fit. Check out EBay Austrailia, or if you have any buddys in Bangkok they should be able to pick you up a set from the Ralliart store.

cheekychimp

Icey,

PM'd you. Those are the perfect solution until I figure out which other covers to use! Plus I can then pull the stock rubber off the clutch pedal and send it to SRP for size comparison.

Thanks also Pot for that other heads up. That might help with sizing the pedals too. Maybe I can take a look at an EVO 7-9 to see how their pedals compare to the VR4.

Paul.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Evo 7-9 should be the exact same size, as they show the same rubber pedal pad and dimensions as the GVR4 in CAPS.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned