The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM style USDM bumper?

ever wonder what it would look like?

well here ya go.. not a finished product i will finish it tomorow and make my brackets but i think it looks.... better i have lots of trimming to do still im getting the car ready for paint. the actual brackets i have in mind when i get some aluminum will fix the waves.. the bumper was pretty tweaked anyway.

getting ready. mounting evo9 intercooler

GSX_TC

I was picturing something entirely different.

chach161

Not what I had thought when saw the title but not disappointed. I think it looks really nice and might have to do this as my front cover is not mounted correctly. Good job.

Hittman

Quoting gsxconvert:
well sorry i dissapointed everyone...

definitely NOT disappointed, looks like some great work, the shortened nose looks better than the regular USDM front IMO. But is not really JDM-esque except for the shortness of it, either way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

if someone is interested in doing this i might make a couple sets of the brackets i make to hold this on properly the only part that will look funny are the sides but after being smoothed and shaped right then painted it will look very passable.

I actually prefer this bumper over the standard JDM bumpers. I always thought it would look awesome shortened like that.

Jesus_Negros

Curtis did this before, no?

Great work OP

Diego

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Curtis did this before, no?

Great work OP

Si, but PrestonTT or what have you had done it in the last few months.

fuel

Quoting Mr_Wolfy:
It looks a lot like the EDM bumpers:

Those bumpers weren't specific to the European market, they are on just about all markets apart from the US and Australia.

bmxr152

Do you have any pictures of how and where you modified the bumper to make it shorter like that?

Quoting fuel:
Those bumpers weren't specific to the European market, they are on just about all markets apart from the US and Australia.

Sorry, I didn't know that, thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

prestonztt

Yep, that was me who did it last summer. It was a little bit of work, but I definitely loved the outcome.

2011-08-12103125.jpg

2011-08-12103110.jpg

JNR

How'd you handle the lips at the wheelwell?

Vr4junkie

Nice job defiantly interested in how you did this not a big fan of the stock bumper but this looks like a great option for those of us who can't afford JDM bumpers and are DIY guys

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts