The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1667 at the dyno

Vman911

We had a dyno day on sat. 35.00 for 3 pulls. I took out 1667 to see what its at.
Just a Basic tune and 23lbs of boost on pump gas. It put down 325 AWHP. I was hoping for 350ish. Time to finish up my meth install and get it tuned when funds become avaible.
2,600 miles on motor, FP Green turbo, 272 cams, Alumnium Intake, DSM link v.3, Weisco Pistons (9:5.1), Eagle rods.

350 is definatly within reach with meth. Im guessing no e85 stations around you?

thecman02

The actual power number really depends on the type of dyno. With the 9.5 compression it is way more dangerous trying to get an aggressive tune. 325 on fairly low boost and a most likely conservative tune is not bad at all. Meth, more timing will easily get close to 400. Turning up the boost around 30 psi with a good tune should be mid 400.

Vman911

there is e85 about 20 miles from me...I don't want to go that way yet. I think I had too much boost on dyno. My last motor did 307 to wheels on evo8 pistons and rods, stock intake and 272 cams, 20G at like 21-22lbs.
I couldn't adjust anything on dyno. It was get on dyno 3 pulls and get off.
That FP green turbo is rated around up to 525 I think. According to dsm link I had no Timing what so ever...atleast not more then 5-8 degrees. With little kncok 1-2 at most at certain RPMs.
Once meth kit is finished up I'll put some 100 octane in it and take it back to see where its at.

Plus I never set top dead ctr on cams. I just stuck them in. my friend says I need to find TDC then set my cams at -3, +2. I'm going to pull motor to fix a oil leak and change T-belt in next few weeks. noticed a couiple nicks in belt.

Last edited:

ApexHunter

I'll echo the comment about dyno type. 325 on a dyno dynamics wouldn't be so bad for pump gas and conservative timing with your mods. Assuming a 25% loss that would be put you in the 430 crank range. Then you've got a dynapack on the other end of the spectrum. And of course conditions, correction factor, settings, calibration all can play heavy on your results. I took a dyno class a year or so ago. The chassis dyno at the school is a mustang md250 2wd. Because of improper setup, we were seeing 35-38% "loss". It was repeated on a number of vehicles until we got things dialed in.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts