The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1 Dead Deer and 1 Sad Guy.

transparentdsm

So i didn't drink to heavily last night as i wanted to meet my friends at 8 am to go snowboarding. while driving there in my galant that i haven't driven in a long time, due to it having rod knock, a deer decided to jump out in front of me while going around a corner. thankfully it was in mid jump and its feet smashed my grille and my driver side headlight causing it to flip over onto my hood, ripped of my wiper blade and pooped on my windsheild.. it shot off of onto the other side of the road and i got out of the car and watched it die as a little part of me died... oh well time to get jdm fenders, hood and rear bumper and make it a jdm vr4

omertaitalia

fawk, had the same happen to me in a rental this summer, it could have been worse though, from the pics just looks like you need new headlights and hood.

transparentdsm

just need driver head light, hood, grille and i figure if im doing all that i may as well go all jdm plus i think im getting another galant like next week and she is going to need a my stock bumper and my driver fender so why not...

Well it could've been much worse. Hitting animals on the road is so unpredictable. I have seen some really "how the F did that happen" stuff as the result of animal collisions. Yeah it sucks, but glad to see you are staying positive and glad that you weren't hurt.

transparentdsm

^^ that is what i said to myself. it happened at like 730 this morning. really just starting 2012

Quoting galant1517:
Well it could've been much worse. Hitting animals on the road is so unpredictable. I have seen some really "how the F did that happen" stuff as the result of animal collisions. Yeah it sucks, but glad to see you are staying positive and glad that you weren't hurt.

Thank you very much, I'm very glad i wasn't hurt and i mean it sucks the car got messed up but at least it wasn't my 2001 jetta that i drive every single day. I'm actually happy i was driving that today because I'm sure my plastic front end on my jetta would have been destroyed not to mention it is like 3 inches taller then the galant and then i wouldn't be able to go to work.

turbohf

wow, good that your ok. could have been bad.

btw, poop on the windshield? thought you where joking, then i seen the pic... amazed the windshield looks fine?

transparentdsm

It slammed my windsheild hard to, i don't know how it didn't break. It ripped the blade right off and bent the arm kinda bad.

transparentdsm

Quoting RedTwo:
So... was it good venison?

Yeah I cut it up and cooked it right there on my manifold, through the hole in my hood.. hahaha. damn deer.

LUNARFX

Holy deer crap man. Glad to know you made it out ok, because if you would have been in your MK IV, every airbag would have deployed! Around here, they would have shoved that deer in the trunk and extended the New Year's Eve party. I should have your grille shipped out Wednesday.

I also pictured the scene from Tommy Boy when you text me today.

transparentdsm

hahaha, that is by far one of my favorite movies, thankfully it wasn't a buck!!!!... yeah im so happy i wasnt in my MK IV because it would have gotten totaled bad. i live on the PA/NY/NJ boarder so im sure some one else stopped and picked that thing up for a god meal. if i had a truck i would have went back for it and had some good eating for a while.

JCorbo25

I only eat roadkill that I kill myself. So far, just a bunny that clipped my tire and turned it's head around backwards. Was a great camping stew though. I wish I had this mindset when I hit 2 deer in a weekend.

I'm glad it ended up well, the galant seems pretty stout.

transparentdsm

she is a champion. spit the deer out, she's only missing some teeth is all. no big deal. and by the time may she should be back in 100% jdm clothes with a 350awhp implant in her. im very excited.... i have spent the last 2 days sourcing out a motor, trans, front grille, jdm hood and fenders, mhi big 16g, then im taking a bunch of things off my laser rs awd like my MAFT, my injectors, my eprom chip. now i just need a 93 crystal clear driver head light and a jdm rear bumper and put the whole car back together and get her painted.

transparentdsm

yeah but im looking at it as positive as i can. i may have smashed the car up but it stopped me from buying another vr4 and made me drop 2000 into mine within 24 hours of the accident and now im going to have a fun car that looks great. she's def. getting the JDM facelift now and hopefully by the end of the spring she'll have a JDM rear end. so im /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif all at the same time.

cheekychimp

^^^ It's funny how that works. When I totaled my 8G VR4 a few years ago, I got out of the car and thought "f***!" Then about 2 seconds later I felt this huge sigh of relief. It was a nice looking car but back in the day when I started modifying cars, I knew nothing and the car had so many issues, but I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it when I had so much time and money invested in it! Suddenly the decision was taken away from me and I had to get a new car. I never looked back! It was such a joy to have something that idled properly, didn't throw CELs all the time and just plain worked.

It also made me promise myself that even if it takes me 10 years, I'm going to build the other VR4 properly.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned