The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The "I can't make up my mind" build.

citymunky

So I got my hands back on this Galant back in the October, with other car projects and home improvements, it just sat on the bottom of the to do list. But that didn't keep me from buying a sh*t ton parts. Now that I'm done with the other projects, it's time to start my DD build. Being that I drive a Titan for my Daily now, I need something with more than 12MPG.

My power goals for the car is a respectable Upper 300WHP to low 400WHP with a good mid range.

The bad
-Blown Motor (New Core at machine Shop)
-Torn Seats (EVO 8's)
-Torn axle boots (New axle boots to be installed)
-Missing interior panels (Found all panels)
-No A/C (Found A/C parts)
-No Cruise Control (Have Cruise Control box)
-Hood dented to f*** (Replaced)
-Worn Tires (plus mismatch sizes) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif (New Tires in Attic)
-Old dated radio deck (the audio system just sucks) (Double Din, and new speakers)
-old faded carpet (Dyed carpet)
-Paint seen better days
-Normal dents from being a old car
-years of grime build-up.
-Dead battery (New Red Top)

Updated to the The bad list as the build goes on.
-Worn clutch
-trash Pressure plate
-Broke both A-pillars plastic trims
-Rear map light cover is broken

I started yesterday getting ready to pull the motor, I drained all the fuilds, disconnected all hoses, wire hardness. One of the tranny gear cables will not come slide out the level. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

citymunky

Been working for a few hours, I was able to get tranny gear cable off. The pin was gouged on the back side, so I had to blend it out. I'm about ready to pull the motor, just taking a quick food break. I still need to remove the downpipe.

Check out the front brake pads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

My halfshaft in need to some help.

citymunky

I was pulling the motor, but the transfer case didn't clear the front subframe.

After removing the transfer case, the engine came out with ease.

Dirty engine bay, needs clean-up, new paint, and mini wire tuck.

Oh.... why hello Mr. Crank

Last edited:

citymunky

At the impound lot--> days away from become scrap metal.

citymunky

Crap lot of parts

Still breaking her down.

citymunky

I guess, I haven't done anything beside get dirty.

citymunky

Here is the Piston

Here is half of the rod.

Here the Hole in the block

cheekychimp

Quoting citymunky:
At the impound lot--> days away from become scrap metal.

I don't get this, how did it get impounded if it isn't running? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

citymunky

it was running at one point.

citymunky

Just a quick update. I torn down my blown 1g block and torn down the GVR4 i got from talontyme. I just dropped off the GVR4 block, crank, rods (3 from the blown block with 22mm wrist pin bore, and one rod from the GRV4 block) and EVO9 forged pistons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) I'm will be bring the head next week for decking, its already been ported.

In other I pulled the headliner and carpets for a color change. After thats done I'm going to be working on cleaning the grim from the engine bay.

citymunky

Found my driveshaft carrier bearing are torn, so add that to the list of "the Bad"

Here the carpet yesterday after steam cleaning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Here's the bare floor, its a perfect time to rid of useless wires (like ABS)

Pulled the headliner, broke the Pass side a-Piller while doing it.

Pulled the front sub frame to clean and re-paint. This thing is very grimy to the point I need a scraper to remove the caked on dirt.

Last edited:

Redwood

looking good keep up the work. i no this feeling im helping out my buddy tear down his tsi talon right now. he is almost ready to ship it off to the roll gage guy.

citymunky

Well I been super busy with work, and the new baby and all. I haven't had a lot of time to work on the car. Today I was able to reinstall the Headliner, sun visors, rearview mirror, map light housing I did in black. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was able to dye the carpet and floor mats black.

The bad news is I broke the drivers side A-pillar plastic trim. So now both sides are broken. Also the rear seat map light cover is broken.

Next up is Removing all the ABS wiring, running cable for the new rear speakers and 4-Channel amp, and fixing/or removing the stock Radio hardness(It's hacked to sh*t by one of the last owners).

Last edited:

citymunky

I removed the dash yesterday, so I can finish removing all trances of the ABS wiring.

Pulling wires in the under the dash.

Pulling ABS wire under wheel well

Pulling more ABS wire.

Last edited:

kama1

i like your headliner.
abs wiring gave me a hard time when i pulled them out.

citymunky

thank you, its different and it just looks better in Black IMO.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts