The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

550's Teaser Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSX_TC

well i got my VR4 back from the paint shop lastnight, today i cleaned her up a bit. still needs a bit more buffing here and there but she's still soo beautiful man! anyways here's a teaser Pic, this weekend Tony (CaptainTonus) is supposed to come professionally photograph it so i cant wait!

IMG_3488.jpg

oh and this pic is for the haters Lol

IMG_3489.jpg

strokin4dr

Very nice, clean example of a gvr4. Keep up the good work!

GSX_TC

thanks guys, she'll be going back to the paint shop this friday to get buffed out a bit more.

IncorpoRatedX

paint looks good, but it really needs a front mount, or at least mount those coolers symmetrically. currently once the eye goes beyond the bumper, it's a bit messy.

Put together really good though.

GSX_TC

yes i know, front mount is next after camber arms, i plan on doing that when i get to houston. for now its fine.

strokin4dr

^ I completely agree. A nice fmic the fills the chopped bumper completely would finish that front end off.

GSX_TC

Quoting strokin4dr:
^ I completely agree. A nice fmic the fills the chopped bumper completely would finish that front end off.

and the reason i chose to cut and paint first is because i dont wanna mess up the paint later on when i do the install. now all i have to do is search for a core that is the perfect size im lookng for. something that the end tanks go all the way to each end of the opening and fills up every single inch of the opening without going past the Foglights.

bobdole

looks nice Mike.

pot

Staff member
I completely agree, she is "She is soo beautiful man!" - You come to Houston and I'm ripping that godamn muffler off and use it as a mortar tube field prop.

But no, its looking pretty good mang. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheekychimp

Mike,

If you are going to get some professional shots done, have you thought about getting down to an auto store as a temporary measure and grabbing some mesh. I'd go with something anodized black like this that I used on my car to replace some fading stock mesh.

Even if you don't want to run it on the car, just tucking it up to fill the hole in the bumper whilst you take the photos would be worth the effort in my opinion.

Got to hand it to you Mike, you stuck with it through all the abuse you took and the car is a winner for sure. Front mount and an alignment with those camber arms should really finish her off. I'm flabbergasted and jealous. Can't wait to get my car painted now.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Thanks Alot guys. means much more coming from guys on here. as for the mesh, nah im good. i dont like that stuff. the next thing going in that opening will be a front mount. its looks decent now but theres still lots more to come. I want to have one of the cleanest Nile Blacks out there. and i still have a ways to go.

cheekychimp

So what are you actually using for an intercooler now, just the stock side mount?

I've been wanting to get jdm or amg bumpers for so long.

I'm looking forward to pics of it after you get the paint corrected.

mountaineerjeff

Quoting cheekychimp:
So what are you actually using for an intercooler now, just the stock side mount?

you can see the factory 'front' mount in the pic

cheekychimp

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Holy sh*t is it really that small? When Josh said twin coolers, I really thought he was talking about oil coolers.

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

yep, usdm intercoolers are the same size as an oil cooler. you can see the oil lines to the one on the drivers side. the passenger has the thicker piping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned