The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

mb505495 rediculous

No one makes this aftermarket? really?.......I really have to pay 90 bucks for a bearing!!!????? That is on a whole new level of stupidity. I could have a whole driveshaft made for 130 bucks

GSX_TC

Is this like your first time ever buying a new Mitsubishi part? Welcome to the club, Mitsubishi sure is proud of their parts

Last edited:

Brianawd

Quote:
No one makes this aftermarket? really?.......I really have to pay 90 bucks for a bearing!!!????? That is on a whole new level of stupidity. I could have a whole driveshaft made for 130 bucks

Stop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif and just buy the part. If you can't aford $90 for a bearing then you can't aford the car.

Drive shaft for $130 I would love to see what that looks like.

my amazement comes as I find no one has made a better replacement, say better material. I dont want to spend money replacing a part that seemingly all awd dsm owners have problems with the same crap that went out in the first place. Not my first mitsu, not my first rodeo, not crying, just amazing no one has designed or come up with a better solution to this problem other than an 800 dollar over priced driveshaft.

jepherz

Staff member
These cars are 20 years old, probably have 100-200k miles. No matter what, stock parts will go bad. I guarantee you Mitsubishi doesn't make the part either. $90 sounds like a fair price when something like an off brand front wheel bearing costs half that. You're lucky it's not a German car.

JSchleim18

Quoting shawnpepper:

CENTER BEARINGPROPELLE [Part# MB505495]
Quantity:

Mitsubishi
List Price:$105.60
Your Price:$81.73

You don't *have* to pay $90...

JNZ Tuning

Brianawd

Quote:
meh................again there has to be a way to do this better

Maybe you should come up with one and stop bitching. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GSX_TC

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
already ahead of you

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Drew84

It would be cheaper than $90 if you bought it from me as well.

That's my favorite response to people who complain about the expense of a part, "Have you ever tried to make one? How much time and grief does it save you to buy this already built and engineered part. Guaranteed to fit, sometimes after market just doesn't make the grade, cheap yes, fit and finish no. That's where the value in the price of the part comes from. The time you don't have to waste fabricating your own bearing, when the OEM part will do the job for 60-100k miles just fine.

Last edited:

mpt72

Besides, the OEM stuff is pretty good quality. It lasted 20 years, so replace it with another and don't worry.

I get the oem argument I used to work for mmc north america and know their parts are good. However just like a diamonte rear speed sensor $495 I do not think it is worth it and for the price would expect someone by now to come out with a nicer one for about the same price. I'll pay over $80 for a bearing if its really nice, I'm just saying I can get a custom poly bushing/bearing to fit in the casing for about the same price.

I have seen a couple vr4 3000's bust these bearings out and it seems that an upgraded version is needed. My being upset is for the expense of a part that really looks like it should be $25, and not an $81 special order from the dealer.

IncorpoRatedX

Spelling ridiculous as rediculous, is ridiculous.

That is all.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts