The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I <3 My 6g Galant

caf620

We bought it brand new in the year 1990.

1zgyj9y.jpg

Last edited:

GSX_TC

She's beautiful. Nice HID's. Why does the hood rise up towards the windshield?

Brunoboy

That's a nice looking ride, and I think it maybe spacers or washers Mike.

OMFGeofffff

Quoting GSX_TC:
She's beautiful. Nice HID's. Why does the hood rise up towards the windshield?

because racecar

Ps: Nice ride.

GSX_TC

Now that i think of it I think it's to release the trapped heat from the engine bay. Alot of Honda's do that here

omertaitalia

nice galant, just curious whats the availability of jdm galant parts in the philipines,my girlfriend has family there and i want some bumpers

Brunoboy

thats what i was referring to Mike lol.

boostedinaz

Quoting GSX_TC:
Now that i think of it I think it's to release the trapped heat from the engine bay. Alot of Honda's do that here

Problem with that is that specific location is a high pressure zone and air would actually be forced in and not sucked out. If you look at older muscle cars or trucks you will see cowl induction hoods. They take advantage of this high pressure zone and use it to feed the motor.

Easy test. Take a piece of string and tape it to the back of the hood. Go for a drive and see what happens to it.

turbowop

Lifting up the rear of the hood like that also allows a lot of engine bay odors to enter the vents on the cowl, since now the seal is compromised. Bad idea. But otherwise, nice car.

alansupra94

Quoting omertaitalia:
nice galant, just curious whats the availability of jdm galant parts in the philipines,my girlfriend has family there and i want some bumpers

Hook a brother up!

Leon_R

Very nice Galant!

I do not know what is up with those raised hoods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif . I first saw it in the 3000GT crowd and thought it was pretty silly, but I am saddened to see it this silly fad make it to a GVR4 camp...

If this was a good idea, then why didn't Rally GVR4s have them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PreskitVR4

Mike R. is correct. Having been rescued from the muscle car crowd myself, that is how you get air in, not out. That car is beautiful! Love the color /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Street Surgeon

Eh, preferences aside I've seen proof of the documented variety that using this method will decrease underhood temps on a road race 1G. Because racecar.

pmp285

we kinda need it here during heavy traffic... and during summer season.... temp here get as high as 40deg during summer and around 32 during regular season

Leon_R

I suppose it could work at slow speeds or standing in traffic. But so would the taking off the hood all together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

PreskitVR4

Quoting Street Surgeon:
Eh, preferences aside I've seen proof of the documented variety that using this method will decrease underhood temps on a road race 1G. Because racecar.

I can't bring myself to argue with the owner of the other 501. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kama1

its always traffic here.

91VR41400

I always thought the hood being lifed like that was a JDM thing? Car looks good thou /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nice car bro....

Nice car man! is it an e33a? What mods have been done?

Having washers under the hood is popular here too, suposed to keep temps down when in traffic. One concern for me is that in a frontal collision if the bolts were to break, then the bonnet could potentialy decapitate the ocupants

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts