The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Twin Scroll 2.0L 4g63 Full Race, Brewed tuning, PWR, RC injectors

This is my DD, nothing crazy just something fun to get me through the ruff and or slippery roads with up to 3 friends. Looking forward to getting some action shots this winter so long as i make it back to the states.
Few more details here as well Brewed tuned twin scroll galant vr4

GOPR0879.JPG

Engine:
2.0L 4g63 manely pistons arp hardware
10.5 cm 16G twin srcoll turbo (EVO 8)
AEM V2 EMS (MAP set up)
RC1000cc injectors (new fuel coming soon)
(Was lucky enough to work with Full Race on all these custom parts)
Custom IC (mounted high to replace the grill)
Custom dual pass radiator (PWR core)
2.5" IC pipes
2.5" intake
SS radiator lines
reversed 1g bov
Custom O2 housing/DP combo (divided O2 housing for ~5")
3-4" exhaust (goes to 4" as i recycled the muffler off an R34)
Custom Full Race twin scroll manifold
Custom coolant over flow/oil catch can (thanks Low Cash racing "Joe" for letting me use your extra special scrap material!)

MT pump gas tune 3rd gear
galant_vr4_twin_scroll_4g63_pump_gas_dyno_results.jpg

Twin scroll turbo vr4

Suspension:
OEM evo 8 struts
eibach evo springs

Exterior:
DARK green paint
Roof rack!!!! (only for skis and boards now, need to build a bike mount!)

I am aware many aspects of this build may be just a tad bit over done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I suppose i just enjoy playing with metal a little bit. Hope you all enjoy the car and don't poke fun of the OLD 4g63 to much haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diego

I remember this car, from an old thread we had about it..... sh*t that was at least a year or two....

Rasta colored intake, now that's a bit different....

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

im sold on the idea

Diego

Moar pictures of this huge, odd, IC core setup you have.

This is the only other picture (before the paint) i can find that shows a bit more of the IC, haha yes it is different and a damn large core /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (more than enough for this set up but is nice for the little EVO turbo pushing 25-30psi)IAT are very reasonable with this IC to say the least yet there is not that much volume to fill in the IC/IC pipes vs a standard front mount set up so boost response is still fantastic.

Thanks for the kind words my friends!

GOPR0874.JPG

NickDromez

wow, im loving the intercooler setup. any more specific specs on it? and do you have pics of it with the hood down?

cheekychimp

What don't you understand about it? It looks to me as if it is a just a solid setup to recirculate the BOV to the intake. a little funky perhaps but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Gases and liquids always take the route of least resistance, so air under pressure should find it's way out just fine!

haha anti lag will be the death of this turbo far before anything else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Little bit of light here almost shows the color of the paint. DARK green with gold pearl

GOPR0908.JPG

EMX5636

Nice setup! I almost ditched my T3 Topmount setup in favor of an EVO IX turbo variant (Green, BBK, etc). Can you shoot some pics of how the clearance is around the turbine housing?

Sorry I'm currently living in Thailand and the Galant is parking hard back home in MT, I can tell you the clearance is tight but possible. I would say building the downpipe/O2 housing is the tightest part for my set up. Course there are a million other ways to do it but you may want to look into an EVO X turbo as they will fit better (i was almost given an evo 8.5 turbo so i just used that as i'm not looking for anything crazy just something for the snow and dirt... while still being able to spank most other cars on the street of course)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts