The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How to ID a "stage 3" transmission.

thedsmguy

Do any of the more major builders of our tranny's ever stamp or indicate the mod level of work done on a transmission? Basically I bought a car for parts that supposedly has a "stage 3" tranny but the guy was not the op of the transmission and had zero relevant info, the damn thing shifts better then any other dsm I've shifted so going by feel it may as well be, I'm just wondering if there is anything I should look for without cracking the case.

strokin4dr

Shep uses a die to stamp his cases on newer builds. I have an '08 shep stage 2 that doesnt have the stamp though. Not sure about the other guys.

GSX_TC

So basically this question is For Shep trans, TRE and Dogbox .

boostedinaz

I had a Shep in my Talon around 03-04 and they never made any indication of stages or that it was rebuilt. I do know that if you can find out who had it built and a build date the builder can look it up in their records.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned