The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What's wrong with this picture.

boostx

Well we have been chasing a very rough idle and stalling to the point when it started the car was undriveable, the car would not rev pass 3k and breaking up and popping and hard starting. This problem would would start randomly when the car is hot. So over a period of about 2 weeks we started replace parts in its order CAS,transistor,MAF,ECU and the coil was replace with a COP.

We thought the COP had fix the problem but it started the next day. So there was only two things left that it could be 1. A electrical problem or 2. The fuel pump.
No wait it could not be the pump because is a new pump that was install by a big and reputable speed shop in East Orlando and they have lots of experience with DSM and VR4's. So i decided to change the pump because is easier to do that to troubleshoot a electrical problem..

WTF: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif look what i found.. I say no more..

turbofonz

Wow, nice zip tie.

I like how the fuel has to shoot into the feed LOL.

talontyme

It's like I have said to my friends so many times before,"Why pay someone to f*** your car up".

SleepinGVR4

Look again Trunks.

I've used zip ties before to hold the fuel pump in place for a temporary fix. But I never attempted to have a zip tie hold an after market fuel pump in the factory sending unit female feed tube, or whatever its called.

Everyone with half a brain cuts the flared part off and uses a piece of high end in tank fuel hose with 2 worm clamps to hold it in place. And that's the easy way.

All the 044 pump users usually use AN fittings.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

I can't believe it even works that way lol

well this is my car and I must say if it wasn't for John and Scott I would still be taking it to kings performance to do quality work as displayed..

Barnes

Quoting turbowop:
This is why I work on my own cars.

This

bobdole

Wow not a good install. Have you contacted the shop? Make sure they are aware of the install.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts