The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

the slow build of my vr4

kama1

my old vr4 died of eternal rust last year,was hoping to fix her up but was not really worth it since it was just converted to a vr4.
had this vr4 shell sitting in our house waiting for paint for the past 2 years.finally got her out and painted as ive been missing driving an awd galant.

here it was before paint

here it is after the paint.ill post as i go along,shes been home 2 weeks already.

parts waiting to get on

Last edited:

kama1

thankyou.

amg parts are rare here too,thats my spare rear amg bumper my friend found.
i have another rear bumper here in black.
theres a storm here so no progress in a while but i did manage to install all the parts that goes in the doors
front and rear windshield,body kit except front bumper,sun roof,and a few odds and ends.
was supposed to do some under coating this week.
heres a link to the before and after paint,no during as my sked was really hectic.
enjoy click

heres a pic of the converted to vr4 shes replacing

should turn out same just cleaner and all black

i did run into a problem,this vr4 didnt have a wiring harness,i did salvage the engine to ecu harness(1g dsm) from the old vr4(body harness is toasted) and got myself a jdm body and engine bay harness(engine harness was sold with engine).anyone know if and how i might be able to adapt the dsm engine harness to the jdm vr4 harness?adapting the jdm to left hand drive is easy but the connector to the engine harness is different from the dsm connector.

here are some pics of the problem,they go to the upper passenger side(LHD) of the dash
DSM

JDM converted to LHD

Last edited:

transparentdsm

wow, looks like alot of work has gone into this so far. i just bought my first one about 3 months ago, after hunting for the last 8 years i finally decided to go for it, after owning 15 1g and 2g dsm's. you have a spare rear? you also said you were doing a body kit, does that mean your going to take the front bumper off and not use? would you want to sell them or at least one of the rears?

kama1

im reusing my kit,sorry.i am willing to sell the spare its just that its very expensive to ship to the usa.
small parts i can ask friends to bring but large items im not to sure as i have no experience sending stuff there(ie,fedex,ups and the like)
as long as you keep the vr4 well maintained,it wont give you headaches.

transparentdsm

Quoting kama1:
im reusing my kit,sorry.i am willing to sell the spare its just that its very expensive to ship to the usa.
small parts i can ask friends to bring but large items im not to sure as i have no experience sending stuff there(ie,fedex,ups and the like)
as long as you keep the vr4 well maintained,it wont give you headaches.

can you send me some pictures of the rear that you have. i mean i have to start somewhere.

kama1

thanks man,but its not what i was looking for.
ive searched around but im not getting definite answers.
in the mean time im just wishing to get which wire is for what and ill go from there.
rain is getting stronger here,hope the electricity stays on.
ill see if i can send some tom,rear bumper is in the other house.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

i think that 8 pin wire is the one for the ignition, it looks like when i put my turbo timer in, but i could be wrong and it could be a 6 pin for the ignition.

transparentdsm

ok ok, i was wrong about the 8 pin. i know what those wires are for kinda. that single wire is the o2 sensor wire. here is another link to show what i mean.... click ... now ill look more into it and see if i can figure the rest out.

kama1

Hi guys, sorry it been a horrible week for me.
Our houses in bulakan are submerged in flood waters due to the storm the other day and another storm has just entered the ph and from what i hear is going thru central luzon again.tried to go ther last thursday but only got up to malolos,about 15kms away.
Yesterday i hit another cars behind with my suv.good thing we both have insurance.i think i was thinking too much about other things and didnt pay attention in driving.

Well life goes on,the wiring problem is being resolved by a local guy who did my converted vr4.a little steep on price but all the wires will be new.
Gto/3000gt spindle had its bearing removed a while ago,looks promising as ive found a hub that looks same as the gto and has the same spline count of the 6g.problem is the diameter of the part that goes in the bearing is a tad smaller.im gonna hit up the local stores and see if i can find a match for it.
Thats basically it for today.off to breakfast.

cheekychimp

Please post up details about that GTO spindle and hub, that looks very interesting.

kama1

I sure will in a few days.
I read the other thread also.
Im not sure if the jdm gto front spindles are different from the usdm 3000gt (dont even know if i got 1g or 2g,the rotor diameter is 296mm with my old tape measure.rears i got from someone else so i know its a 1g rear with a single piston)
but heres what ive found out.
The gto spindle does not fit the galant shocks,its a tad bit wider.need to have it trimmed.not a problem if your running evo shocks.
Ball joint is bigger,same visually but a tad bigger.will use the gto balljoint in the galant as it has the same diameter ang mounting style.
And of course the bearing that im trying to figure out.

transparentdsm

sorry to hear about the flooding and misfortune over the last week. sounds like your coming along well though. keep us updated and let me knwo when you get around to taking pictures of that rear bumper for me..

kama1

a little update
a pic of the dd

a few pics of progress
subframes are out and is on jackstands

temporary trunk

3000gt/gto project
hub and bearing removed

was thinking of having this part machined to accept a new bearing since theres bearing material left from the 3000gt/gto or keep looking for something else that fits

gto hub with the larger shaft

8g vr4 hub im gonna try to use.same shaft and spline for the 6g vr4.
not sure if other models have these type also.
i just had these laying around so no $$ spent.a little different at the base since theres no bearing left over and about a mm or 2 shorter.(not sure since i lost my caliper)

really hoping this works out,if not im gonna make brackets.
very hesitant to put the 3000gt/gto spindle in the trash pile.
*6g vr4 ball joints do fit the 3000gt/gto spindle,was probably just lazy the other day.
im open to suggestions guys so pls feel free to add anything you guys think off.
ill be hunting for bearings today and probably a few more parts.

oh and heres the spare rear amg bumper as requested

Last edited:

GSX_TC

this is such a badass picture man, there's just something about it that i like soo much.

ximgphpqid129065awidth400pagespeedicWn4fnFh9FZ.jpg

kama1

thanks mike!
for some reason its currently my wallpaper

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts