The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

649/2000 with new shoes.

IncorpoRatedX

Picked up some wheels with brand new tires last night, 649/2000 is pretty much in it's finished state as far as I'm concerned, what's left to do is just little odds and ends. I like how different this car looks from my silver one.

dsc_0035_copy1.jpg

dsc_0038_copy2.jpg

dsc_0040_copy1.jpg

dsc_0042_copy1.jpg

dewman

Damn! you made BG look hawt. Bravo sir /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Background is badass.

IncorpoRatedX

Thank you, it was a challenge!

GSX_TC

Nice background choice

bobdole

Looks very nice. What are the spec of the wheels/tires?

GSX_TC

Also interested in what camera you used aswell

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting bobdole:
Looks very nice. What are the spec of the wheels/tires?

wheel's are 17in enkei J10's +38 offset i think it was, can't remember, i'll double check, tires are 225/50's tight fit but on stock suspension and using this car for winter, they will give me lots of ground clearance.

Mike, thanks, the backdrop for the first 3 is actually the old studebaker factory in south bend indiana, long ago abandoned, the area im in used to be a courtyard for workers to take lunch etc.

as for the camera, it's a completely stock Nikon D40, basic DSLR, stock 18-55mm lens, it's kinda beat up and i got it used, but once i learned how to properly use it, i've loved it.

turbowop

Quoting dewman:
Damn! you made BG look hawt.

The f*** are you talking about? BG makes anything look hawt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

cheekychimp

Quoting Alpha Male:

as for the camera, it's a completely stock Nikon D40, basic DSLR, stock 18-55mm lens, it's kinda beat up and i got it used, but once i learned how to properly use it, i've loved it.

Damn straight!

I bought one of these for a heck of a deal as a starter camera and I've never upgraded, I still can't get over how good it is for the money and as DSLRs go it is small (plus it gets great battery life!). About the only downside is it has no auto focusing (AF) on board so you have to buy AF lenses with their own motors which limits lens choice a little. You can always manual focus of course but I tried that and once you start enlarging the images you can see how AF is so much sharper than the human eye. If you don't believe me, try focusing on an A4 printed sheet on a wall about 12 feet away. In AF you can blow up that image and read the print. On manual it was so blurred I could hardly read a thing!

Drew84

The photos are nice, the car is nice and the wheels look nice too. Good Job. I have the same Thule bike mounts on my Mirage. Those things work the nuts.

Just a photo tip, purchase a Circular Polarizing filter, it will cut down on the reflections from the glass and really make the color of the car "pop".

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

Will do, thanks Drew.

prove_it

Second pic a candidate for the calendar?

IncorpoRatedX

hope to take some shots with both my galants to submit for the calender this year.

GSX_TC

when and where do they take submissions for the calender?

Hertz

Staff member
You have to be here for a year first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

We might be able make an exception. I'll ask the judge turbowop. Maybe you've heard of him?

GSX_TC

Oh Lord...

GSX_TC

every month? who? I just want November man

IncorpoRatedX

your car/photo has be judged and decided if it's worthy of the calendar.. so far... my car is the cleanest car in this thread. so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

GSX_TC

yeah it sure is. hopefully here in the next few weeks mine is gonna look better than it previously did.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts