The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Buying new front wheel hubs

Yao

Where can I get a complete new front wheel hubs? I've looked high and low, but none of my local auto store got them.... any suggestions?

Are you talking about the entire steering knuckle assembly? Or just the piece that gets pressed into the center of the wheel bearing?

I'm not sure you would be able to get a new assembly at all. At best you might be able to get all of the individual parts and have it all pressed together. Regardless, I think the dealer is your best bet for new, maybe JNZ tuning could get them.

Yao

I would want to have the entire hub.... for somereason, my front wheel is not spinning straight, kind of wobbles. I accidently see it when I had four wheels off the ground and notice that the front seems to wobble... I don't see how, the rim is new and the tire is new, I cleaned up the hub(rusted) and wheel and still have it... So I am thinking the hub/bearing...

PreskitVR4

Sounds like your best bet is an extra set of spindles, that you can get new bearings/seals pressed into to eliminate down time. i have spares, if you are 5 lug

Yao

dealer stil have those at 120 a piece, but I found online places that sells for 82 a piece. This is without the bearings seals.... only the hub.

donkeylips

These are so easy to get either from the junkyard, a DSMer(5-lug), or a Galant guy(4 or 5 lug). You can buy the complete knuckle, refurbish them, and use new wheel bearings. Unless you really want new, although I prefer used OEM over new aftermarket for a lot of stuff like this.

donkeylips

Oh yeah, actually I will too very soon.

Yao

well, I have 5lug on the car now, but this whole thing got started when I have the car on jackstands and was hunting for rear brake problem. I accidently was looking at the front wheel and notice a slight wobble on both front end??!! this is done while the car is at 20mph on jackstand. I know it's not the wheel or tire, so the only thing left is the hub?? and bearing... to freeplay anywhere and the hub is from a junkyard so I wasn't sure if this might be the problem.... could you press in the bearing and the hub wrong when assembling? I don't see what could cause wobble like that, come to think of it, I do have vib problem over 75mph...

Last edited:

Yao

there is also the brake rotor between the wheel and the hub... could it heat up to a point of warping? and cause the wheel to mount slightly off?

donkeylips

You definitely had the lugnuts tightened down when you were checking this? Also make sure that the large axle nut for your front CV shaft is torqued down to spec. If it is not, you will have lots of play as if it's a bad bearing.

More than likely the bearings are just bad. With the car off, and the front end in the air, grab the tires and try moving them without turning your front wheels(steering wheel). It's hard to describe, but I'm trying to tell you the standard procedure for checking wheel bearings for play. If there is play, it should be fairly obvious that your steering knuckle is not moving, while you can see your CV shaft, hub, brake rotor, and wheel move.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts