The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New tunes in the G ride

quicktsi

After driving the car with no radio since buying it several months ago, I finally got some tunes. I installed the old system out of my wife's old car. I installed a Pioneer AVIC Z110BT, Pioneer XM, Pioneer HD radio, and Pioneer back up camera. I am so happy to have tunes and blue tooth again. Can't count how many calls I have missed, leaving my phone on silent before now. I installed the camera above the license plate with a little trimming on the plastic. You see a little bit of the bumper, but I did not want the camera to draw any attention. The GPS and XM antenna are installed behind the speedo cluster on top of the metal plate, with no reception issues. I tapped the reverse wire off the red with blue stripe wire at the back of the car between the light and harness plug by the antenna. Now I also discovered, I need to replace some of the front speakers.

IMG_0523.jpg

SHOWING GPS ANTENNA RECEPTION
IMG_0526.jpg

REVERSE CAMERA
IMG_0527.jpg

VIEW FROM REVERSE CAMERA
IMG_0521.jpg

BLUE TOOTH MIC LOCATED ON TOP OF THE MIRROR
IMG_0525.jpg

dsm10o0

Badass!! How much did this cost?

kama1

Nice set up.really like how the rear cam sits.

quicktsi

Add radio = toasted alternator

Car died today and had to be towed home. It actually died yesterday and I put it on the battery charger overnight, thinking I had left a interior light on. Drove to work no problems, but it started acting up about the time I got to work. After work, nothing. I think it is probably the original alternator.

VR_IV_MR

I'm assuming the night vision camera, ECMLink hardwire, g-force meter, and radar detector/GPS sync are on their way as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

No but really... how feasible/hard would it be to use relays and control the A/C through that screen? I was thinking if I were to do this, there would be more room for a larger screen where the ac controls are, and it would not be blocked by the shifter/my hand while shifting. Then below that, were your screen is now, Id be able to put a bunch of gauges.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned