The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wheel bearings

Yao

Where in the world can I get a set of Front wheel bearings? seems like every auto parts store I go to, only have FWD rear ones.....

IanM

click

'91
Mitsu
Galant VR4
Brake/Wheel Hub
Wheel Bearing
$12-$40

This Forum even has a thread with RockAuto discount codes.

Boom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian

CutlassJim

Plus I think the FWD are the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

strokin4dr

Yao

the rockauto has the same thing as other auto shops... FWD rear wheel bearings/hubs

bobdole

You can always go to the dealer if they are still available. Part number for bearing MB303865. Price should be around $50.00 a pc. Oil seal part number is MB573309. Those are about $7.00 each.

turbofonz

I just ordered rear wheel bearings from rock auto.

Beck Arnley brand.

The bearings are Koyo bearings... IDENTICAL to what my buddy payed much more for with his JNZ order. His came in a mitsu box, and was the same exact bearing.

chrisfullwood

i had no problems getting mine from my local oreilly's.

i always have them check to see what other year parts are the same, so i know for future if something isnt available, that i can grab stuff from another year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Diego

Im going to trek down this road here in a bit, so I will bring this back from the dead.

What all is needed, and inner and outer and the oil seal correct? I figure this is so much cheaper to do myself then to have a shop do all the work. I dont have a press so, that is the only thing I need a shop to do...

Thanks,

Diego

Galantvr4559

First there ia no inner and outter it is one bearing that gets pressed into the hub and then the spindal gets pressed into the bearing after its seated in the hub.

BpuVR4

sorry for the noob question about this, but i just wanted to verify that to replace the bearing in one front corner, it is just one order of a bearing #303865, and one oil seal? I'm a little confused because in the catalog there are other options for inner as well, or is it some others sell in two pieces? I always thought there were inner and outer as well, but i've never done bearing jobs in my life.

Boos929

is there a inner and outer rear wheel bearing everywhere I look says inner and outer and is there inner and outer seals on rear ? can only find inner on rockauto

BpuVR4

I just did this a few weeks ago. one bearing, but inner and outer seals for the front. if it says inner and outer bearing in a catalog and it looks real cheap, it may be referring to the seals. i was able to buy a timken front bearing at autozone for only $35 btw.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting Boos929:
is there a inner and outer rear wheel bearing everywhere I look says inner and outer and is there inner and outer seals on rear ? can only find inner on rockauto

There are inner and outer bearings in the rear. Also two seals, but the outer is more of a shield, and I have never needed to change an outer seal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts