The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Final product of the shortened USDM bumpers

prestonztt

2011-08-12103110.jpg

2011-08-12103125.jpg

2011-08-12103558.jpg

How-To coming soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

WOW!! Looks good & you got the curve right. Typically with a lowered car & unmodified bumpers, the gap between the bottom of the bumper & the tire is increased & it kinda bothers me on some cars. If you look at the doglegs you'll see how they curve away from the tires. With yours I like how the bumper curves with the wheel, good job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

DR1665

Nevermind the bumpers, the 2Gb TSi AWD wheels are absolutely stunning on that car. WELL DONE, SIR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Nartanian

Amazing! I approve.

beaner

Well, looks good from a distance. Did you section out the side of the bumper, or cut out the wheel well into the bumper? Hoping not the latter...

JNR

Wish that's the way the US bumpers came, as I like the look of them the best, just hate how much they stick out.

Only thing I don't like and why I never considered it seriously is the rear part is just 'cut' and has no lip, which would be nice to some how graft on, as it makes it look complete and bet adds a little stiffness (so it doesn't warp)...

Otherwise, looks good.

Diego

If you were keeping it white I would IMO put a red stripe down the car where the Chrome strip would be, moar JDM yo!

Love the setup, now just so you know I'm waiting on the write up to let me know just how much to take off of both bumpers... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

prove_it

I'd really like to know how you did the front. Looks amazing. Very nice friend

Boostdtalon

This is a huge improvement. I'm assuming you removed or trimmed the metal supports? I would rather do this than go with the jdm bumpers.

turbofonz

In for write up.

SUPER nice, and not STUPID money like the JDM jazz.

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

transparentdsm

agree write up please, the car looks AWESOME /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif i have to repaint my whole car soon and if imma take it apart to paint i want to make it look this sexy while im at it

Okayplayer

I dig it! I like the look of the chopped bumpers. Looks like it should've been made that way. Damn you late '80's crash tech!

donkeylips

Looks great! And I have both a spare front and rear bumper to try it out on!!

Eaglesfly

I've been tossing around the idea of doing my bumpers while I've got it all torn apart for paint. What to do, what to do. Looks great!

belize1334

I'm very interested to see how you attached the cover to the core after shortening.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned