The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who burns e-prom chips anymore ???

SSGdave

Oh Dear sweet Jezus!!!1
Where do I get a custom E-prom chip from nowadays?!?!
I see Jeff is out of the business, and my buddy locally stopped making them as well.

I seriously need one with 560cc (evo 8 injector) compensation, factory boost gauge changed to knock meter, annnnnd a 8250 rev limit.

1855/2000 needs HALP!

SSGdave

Oh also, sorry I haven't gotten back to anyone PM wise. Besides building 1855/2000, I'm swamped at work and I'm spending a lot of time in court for a bunch of BS ...*winning*

Anyway... Yeah, e-prom chip, whar???

PreskitVR4

I have one from Jeff, that I don't need anymore. Its set up for 550's, 2g MAF, knock, 7800 rev, if your interested. It gets you closer at least.

Last edited:

turbowop

Not really. It'll work, but having a chip burned for that specific combo is better. I have a stock ECU in 503 with the same combo and have to adjust a bit using an AFC. I could actually put that chip to use...

JSchleim18

I used to know the EProms that Jeff used. I was going to source them for him. I don't have the info anymore.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting JSchleim18:
I used to know the EProms that Jeff used. I was going to source them for him. I don't have the info anymore.

29c256s are what I use, I think. Problem is I don't think those are made anymore. You can use a 29c512, but I don't know if those are any more available. This technology is almost completely on its way out.

Launch

And this, among other older non existing parts, is why Ive swap'd to a H8 ecu
I can't burn chips, Id just rather us evoscan/romraider and reflash if i knew how to use it.

Last edited:

Nartanian

So does any one make pre burnt chips based on your engine setup like Jeff did?

*edit*

I did some searching and it looks like these guys burn DSM chips. I don't know anything about them or their history though. Maybe someone interested can give it a try.

Mudpit Performance

Last edited:

BluFalcon

Mudpit is a local shop, and the owner does burn chips. A lot of local DSM guys use him for tuning, and chips. I've never had issues in any business dealings with him, and use him for work that I don't feel like taking on for myself. He's the guy who did the 5 lug swap, poly bushing install and power steering rack replacement on my car when I went off and did the military thing for a few weeks last summer.

Nartanian

Someone I know was looking to burn a chip. Do you think they'd be on par with Keydiver chips? He's looking to run E85.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned