The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Winter / Snow tire size for 17 inch evo wheels?

BrandonEchols

Alright guys, I'm getting ready to fit my evo enkei's soon-ish, and winter is going to be here in a few months...what size snow tires can I run on these 17" wheels and still clear? 55 height? 60 height? Any help is appreciated.

BrandonEchols

Gonna be putting on Bilsteins w/ Tein pillowballs at all four corners at the same time, and not going to drop the nose - looking to go level on ride height.

BrandonEchols

Update: Bought some 225/45R17 Studded snow tires off CL...that should get the job done.

mooserage

Staff member
Thats the size that I use for my winter tires on my 17s, they should be good. I only use them though because my old 15s with winter tires mounted got stolen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

curtis

Its August quit with the snow winter crap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turbowop

The first issue of Powder Magazine for the season showed up in my mailbox today. Almost time to ski! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

spooling92vr4

Quoting curtis:
Its August quit with the snow winter crap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The guy lives in Alaska

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned