The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wheel question

6gCarb

Hello,

I was thinking if there is a way to have my wheels closer to the wheel wells like the one one my front end.
I am not sure about what it's called, can this be adjusted thru camber or do need to have something installed like wheel spacers+extended lug nuts?

any help is highly appreciated

raptorWagon

You mean closer to the strut, you're talking about the wheel offset. You may be able to tuck it in a little bit with adjusting the camber, but not much. What offset are the wheels you have +40 and above will sit closer to the strut (won't stick outside the wheel well), think our stock wheels are +38. The lower the number the more it will stick out (further from the strut), my AMG wheels are +46mm and tuck in the wheel well pretty nicely.

As for extended studs and that stuff I don't have any experience with.

GSX_TC

I think what he means is how to bring the rear wheels out more. He wants the tires to be in line with the fender like how the fronts are. Wheel spacers would fix that man.

GSX_TC

Yeah that's what I thought. Sounds like you were on the right path with wheel spacers and longer studs. I think H&R makes spacers for our cars.

GSX_TC

Here's a link with some spacers for our cars

click

GSX_TC

And these are the studs u need, brand is called kyoei

click

GSX_TC

Welcome man

beaner

There's the practically free method: click

...or fix the negative camber? Spacers seem like the cosmetic solution. click " ---->> For those wanting to build UPPER arms substitute the 17 inch swage tube for a 14 inch tube (19514) the rest of the parts are the same."

You'd only have to do the uppers to fix it. I did all 4 and it was about 230usd shipped here.

strokin4dr

Thanks for the link, beaner. Did you use steel or aluminum tubes on your setup?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts