The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Samara Got a Facelift =D

GSX_TC

Samara Got a Facelift! =D

hey guys I just spent all day today wiring in the New JDM headlights, sh*t was VERY time consuming considering how i had to cut into the harness and solder and use liquid elec tape, then wrap that with normal elec tape to make it look even cleaner, but it was all worth it, she looks mean as hell now =) Very neat and clean install if i might add.

here are the pics

52f0va.jpg

2r2w2yo.jpg

ws0jyc.jpg

2ep7nyq.jpg

dvssvt.jpg

GSX_TC

Thanks man, at first I was like Omg how the hell am I going to do this? Then as the sun was bearing down on me I figured it out eventually thanks to this helpful thread. =)

click

Romanova

Now be a man and run some relays and some super high wattage Hella bulbs!

Looks great BTW!

turbowop

Next time instead of electrical tape, slip some shrink wrap over the wires before you solder them together, then slide it over the joint and hit it with a butane torch for a factory look.

GSX_TC

yeah i wanted to do that, but i didnt have enough cash for a heat gun, i did manage to get one side to go back in that hard plastic loom, so it looks just like stock, the other side didnt have it though.

mistaVR4

+1 not using a torch, a lighter is perfect....looks good man.

turbowop

I always use a torch for all my RC soldering, which is a lot. Just don't hold the torch right up against the heatshrink, but I figured people knew that.

4thStroke

Mark, I love using the mini pen torches, they're a lot easier to work with and soldering and heat shrink duties are taken care of with one tool. I've never owned one though, a cheap auto parts store iron has always been sufficient for me and I shrink with a lighter. I don't solder enough to warrant the pen torch.

That electrical tape will probably get nasty and fall apart before too long, it never seems to hold up very well in engine bays.

GSX_TC

Thanks man, now I just gotta save up for the JDM front bumper and foglights.

DR1665

Props!

Paint looks to be in great condition, too. Well-played, sir. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

GSX_TC

Thanks man, I just repainted her in Nile black, here's a recent pic of her at MOD

2m81ok5.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts