The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TPS question

GSX_TC

ok so im wondering if my TPS is broken, when the car is idling, if you pull the plug off the TPS is it supposed to affect anything or is it normal for nothing to happen at all? reason be is because my idle is uncontrolably rising all the way to almost 4000 rpm and surging. im about to send off my ECU to have its ISC drivers replaced and about to order another ISC aswell. but i just wanted to know if that was normal for the TPS, because if you were to unplug the cam angle sensor while running it kills the motor but nothing happens with the TPS.

GSX_TC

Ahh ok so if there's no check engine light it should be working then right?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned