The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Finally cut H and R springs....confused about results.

blackvr4

Well I finally got sick of the Rake I that comes along with the H and R springs. Decided to cut the rear springs 1 Dead coil to level the car out. Well the driver sides sits great now! But the passenger side sits exactly how it did before. WTF. Any ideas?

Car is on Kyb AGXs

Thanks for any help!

fastfalcon94

How long have you let it sit? Did you drive it? Maybe it needs to settle more. Did you shove the top rubber bushing all the way into the tophat? I cut my coils last weekend and it's the same on each side. I did 1.25 coils.

blackvr4

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
Whats wrong with the rake?

I hate how the rake looks.

I did drive it right after cutting, the springs have been on the car for about a year now. I just cut them last night. I will have to check to make sure the rubber bushing is all the way into the tophate but I am pretty sure it is.

Fastfalcon how even does your car sit? any pictures?

belize1334

Also make sure that the spring is rotated fully into the lower perch or you might get some jacking on that side. And of course there's the possibility that the opposite front wheel has suffered an unrelated issue which would cause it to dive and jack up the back corner.

fastfalcon94

This is with 1.25 coils cut.

43.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

belize1334

And you've observed this in different parking spaces too? Remember that most ground isn't actually level.

Get under the car and measure the distance between the upper coils on both sides. That'll tell you which wheel is carrying more weight. If the tall side is carrying less weight then the car is leaning away from it and the wheel is drooping. If it's carrying more weight then it's too long on that side for some reason which is jacking the car up. I suspect that the suspension isn't fully seated. Check the upper and lower spring perches (comparing left to right) and then make sure the upper mount is fully seated in the wheel-well.

Last edited:

blackvr4

Here is a picture, it sits even now, dont know what was causing it to sit unevenly earlier. Still a tiny bit of rake I think

48c7c531.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts