The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Manifold just got in!

OoThomioO

Now can't wait to get home, bolt up everything and start fab'n the downpipe!

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Nice, def got post pics of the finished setup man

OoThomioO

Will do. When I get back in I'm installing this/6152 turbo/ETS i/c kit and currently ordering the intake pipe. Gotta make my downpipe and dumptube pipe. Currently ordering HKS recirc kit/turbo timer and I'm still waiting to hear back from someone on here for an intake manifold! I will be sorely depressed if I have everything ready to go but the intake lol.

spooling92vr4

your going to have to modify the front motor mount to run that manifold, it pushes the turbo lower.. ill snap a picture of what I did on mine. ( I was running the same manifold on my car). Your not planning on running the stock radiator are you?

Last edited:

OoThomioO

I've been looking for one. I did not know I would have to modify the front mount, any info helps.

Thanks

spooling92vr4

I ran into a few issues with that manifold, First was the motor mount, the stock radiator aint fitting in there, I used an afco scirocco core, or you could use a halfy civic radiator. The last issue I had was the heat, there is no way to put a shield on that thing so i just used header wrap (full race says this voids your warranty) but I have a carbon fiber hood and although i love the smell of the fiberglass im positive it would have melted it.

OoThomioO

Heh, well I do have a half size radiator from my crx project I will give that a try.

How'd you like the manifold after installed?

spooling92vr4

here are a few pictures of what I did, First off I just cut the stock mount and flipped the metal over and welded it, came out great, and I still got it on my car like that today. I went with an fp turbo so Im going the simple route and switched back to a stock style manifold, I didnt like the under hood temps with that manifold, I suppose if I had a vented hood it would have been alot better. Its a great manifold, and like 100 pounds.. I just sold mine a few weeks ago for crack money

OoThomioO

Well I definitely appreciate the pics man.

Overkill

Looks great and nice wrap job

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts