The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Transfer case recall kit part number request

fuel

Hey guys, apologies if this is a repost but couldn't find what I was after using the search function.

It's now *my* turn to ask for a part number from you guys! Mitsubishi NZ do not have any records of the transfer case recall kit, which I understand is actually cheaper to purchase than buying the front driveshaft yolk separately. If anyone could let me know what the part number is for the kit that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

fuel

what does the kit come with? Through Mitsubishi NZ the recall kit is actually about $10 more expensive than the yoke itself, which alone is about NZ$140. I already have the transfer case seal itself so if the kit comes with just the yoke and the seal then I am better off buying just the yoke. Thanks!

Vman911

you just need the yoke kit. Theres a freeze plug like thing in very back of yoke and it causes the leak. I just did mine and my dads and no more leaks out of transfer case.
MR470072 is 36.00 at www.rchillmitsubshi.com. I just got 2 in the mail last month. took about an hr to do it.

Last edited:

fuel

^^ yeah transfer case stays in place you just gotta pry the seal out the back and remove the driveshaft to replace the front universal joint.

fuel

Quoting Vman911:
you just need the yoke kit. Theres a freeze plug like thing in very back of yoke and it causes the leak. I just did mine and my dads and no more leaks out of transfer case.
MR470072 is 36.00 at www.rchillmitsubshi.com. I just got 2 in the mail last month. took about an hr to do it.

Also thanks for that! Have just placed an order with them. Saved about $60 ordering from them as opposed to getting it locally. It cost just as much in shipping to NZ as it did for the part itself!

fuel

Ok so MR470072 turned up in the mail from RC Hill Mitsubishi, but it appears to be missing the transfer case tail shaft seal! I thought this kit was meant to come with the seal? It came with a bunch of circlips but no seal. I don't mind that it's missing the seal as I'm pretty sure I already have two seals spare as it is, but I just thought I would confirm with others that it was meant to come with the seal?

Thanks

I couldn't tell if the seal came with it or not so I decided just to order the seal itself along with the recall kit. It was $5 extra from mitsuishiparts.net

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned