The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#1948 a.k.a Stitch Progress thread

4Grim

Link to Member Showcase for earlier pics

The car is almost done..minor work really which is a little fabrication for the I/C piping since I upgraded to larger turbo and little things here and there. I moved into my new house December last year and didn't have room to move the GVR4 to the new house till now since I was still finishing up some home renovations of the new house which all the stuff is taking the spot in the garage where the car would be sitting.

Getting the old house ready for renters in a couple months..so it was time to move the car to the new house and finally start finishing it also. It was pretty funny that the tow truck driver knew about this car. He is a all about america muscle..but he knew "Dem Mitsubishis" weren't easy mess with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2011-07-10192428.jpg

2011-07-10195643.jpg

2011-07-10195719.jpg

2011-07-10195733.jpg

2011-07-10195920.jpg

2011-07-10200407.jpg

I have my build thread is Here

Last edited:

dsm10o0

sexy car you got there, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

4Grim

Thanks.

Today is my day off..hopefully I can work on the car today and get a few things done to it. Should be having a reputable mobile welder coming by later today to see what he will charge me to do a little bit of rewelding for the I/C piping.

Polish

One of the best looking GVR4's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

JSchleim18

Quick question...how come your corner lights seem to look lighter than the other JDM amber ones I've seen? Is it the camera or?

4Grim

Several years ago I wanted the amber corner lights but didn't want to pay the price for what they were selling them for at the time. So I found some paint used for people that want the stained glass look. It was much darker when I first did it, but through time and exposure to elements it got lighter.

I am debating on stripping the amber paint and have them clear like original.

JSchleim18

If you decide on stripping them to make them clear, let me know. I was thinking of going with clear corners instead of the amber I have on my car right now.

I love the car BTW...one reason I kept my Apexi N1 with the JDM rear bumper was because of the way it looks with yours.

4Grim

Will do..and thanks for the compliments.

Here is a pic of when the lens were clear...this was like 04.
33841-0-0-0.jpg

Last edited:

Nartanian

Very nice. Hopefully my car will be that clean one day.

GSX_TC

that front clip in black looks soo good. i like what you've done with those evo 8 rims

stealthtt24

Good to hear you are working on it again Kevin. Hope to see you at the local meet soon. Also your build thread needs a username and password just fyi.

4Grim

Previous owner was from N.C....bought it back in 2005.

Had some time today to mess with the car..trying to clean things up a bit under the hood.

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

bobdole

Great looking car. Maybe when I get my car finshed we can do a photo shoot together. Being your in Orlando.

4Grim

Had some time this weekend to mess with Stitch...so finally mounted the very last set of the Boostx front lip. Fit was not that bad...just need to make the final center cut and get it painted.
IMAG0437.jpg

IMAG0438.jpg

IMAG0439.jpg

IMAG0440.jpg

IncorpoRatedX

Very nice!!

If that was mine I'd do all black errrthang, black the chrome trim strip, black the wheels and calipers, tint the windows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif either way, good show.

citymunky

What strut bar is that? It looks like a Megan.

fuel

This has to be one of my favourite US VR-4s.. in fact one of my favourite full stop. How's that 7G of yours going?

4Grim

I do plan to black out several things..to give the car a more "murdered out" look.

Thanks Fuel...but there are far more cleaner GVR4's on this board, IMO..but I do appreciate the comment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The 7g is going through major changes, mostly getting ready for road course events I plan to participate next season. The car has gone through a overhaul/upgrades in preperation. I do have a few things up my sleeve...a couple things never done on this platform also.

Here is a pic of its brake and some suspension upgrades.
IMG_1311.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts