The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A/C?

Vman911

for those of you who have switched to R134 did you change your expansion valve to a stock one (r12) or did you find a r134 valve that fits? if it got change where did you find it at. did dash have to come out to do it? thanks Vinman

DR1665

I converted to R134 when i re-installed the Ac in 464/1000. I sprayed out all the lines with brake cleaner, replaced all the o-rings, coated the o-rings in mineral oil before assembly, and re-used everything else, including the dryer. The only differences between my system now and when it left the factory are:

a. R134 and fitting adapters on that one hardline
b. R134 in the system
c. I *might* be running a 2G DSM compressor. (Not sure.)

464/1000 pumps out 45*F air when it's 118*F outside here in Phoenix. #lifesaver

bmxkid415

I yanked out the AC years ago then Tim Reed sent me his system. Only thing I did was vac down the system (since it was open for some time) for about 45 mins. Switched to the R134A fittings. Mine blows ut @ 48 degrees in 110 degree shop.

alansupra94

Where do you get these "o-rings" from as I will be re-installing my A/C system soon enough.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting alansupra94:
Where do you get these "o-rings" from as I will be re-installing my A/C system soon enough.

You can buy an O-ring kit for our cars from rock auto.

A question for the OP, are you sure the expansion valve is actually different? I've been wanting to order up the parts to do this and wasn't sure if the valve was necessary or not.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I'll be putting R12 back in mine by end of this week I hope. I found a coworker sitting on a 30 lb bottle and an A/C service machine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Terry Posten

Wow, that must be one cold enama.

rgeier11

We have like 4 30lb bottles at the high school I teach at. We also have about 50 of the old school cans. The old auto teacher stocked up on R12 when Venture had a sale back in the day, 2 cans for $1!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned