The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1350 update

raptorWagon

Towed the car home earlier tonight and got it into the garage, which was a bitch because I live on a hill and 4WD was needed in the truck. Even without the motor and trans these cars are pigs. Anyway started the tear down about 2hrs ago, got a few things off biggest pieces are the hood and fenders for now. I'm sorry Paul (thedsmguy) and Spencer (4thStroke), I know you guys needed fenders but mine are garbage. The bottom bolts under the dogleg on the left fender were rusted down to a 8mm head size, got one out but the other required foot and rage to get off as did the right side. I tried a flathead at first, but that was actually punching the rust hole bigger through that lower part, right side just ripped off rather easily.

Each side dropped a good amount of rust filled dirt afterwards.
Pretty much going to say everything above the tires may be usable, doors maybe, anything below is trash. Glad I didn't try to dive further in for modding or rust repair, it's an adventure now to see where I can find the next cancer engrossed spot. Of course when all said and done, a lot of stuff will go up for sale, just not any of my rare and jdm parts, I need those.

1350/2000 can be stricken from the list of operational vr4s now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

When I get Internet in my new house I'll post some pics.

curtis

Damn it man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

raptorWagon

Yep, screw getting the rear bumper cover off, know the sound fail when you break a bolt loose and you hear "crrrrruuunch" on the other side. Got all the trim pieces off, all but the already missing right rear dogleg, front right is busted.

Gas tank just sort of fell off after I got all but one nut off, left side stud rusted completely through and after getting the front nut off is when it decided to fall towards my face a bit. Spare wheel and coveralls save the day to support the tank once it was off, before I cut the rubber lines. Spare tire well looked alright, just the unibody rails per say are fucked and anywhere else around there, suspension looks brand new compared to the car lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Upper back seat doesn't want to come out, bottom came out easy.

Glad I got a huge cooler full of beer.

Tre3zy

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts