The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dsm vs T3 flange manifold and turbo's

I will get straight to the point. I know with all mods being equal a proper T3 flanged manifold/turbo car will make a bit more power than a dsm flanged manifold/turbo setup. My dilemma is that I am putting together a forged 2.0L engine with supporting mods all fuel related components,cooling inter cooling ecm(dsm link/aem)etc etc.I have narrowed my turbo choices to either a PTE 6262(.63ar mitsubishi flanged/.82ar t3 flange)or some variation of GT35R(.82ar T3 flange)because of pricing.So does anyone how much less power the 6262 makes in a .63ar(dsm) vs .82ar(T3)trim? Basically I am trying to see if its worth going to a full T3 setup or getting the dsm bolt on 6262 using my heavily ported EVOIII manifold setup.Btw I am thinking about the non ball bearing 6262 as price is quite good I would like to keep the cost of the turbo under 1k and still be able to make 500awhp. Yes I know these turbo's are little over kill for 500hp etc etc but at some point you always want more power don't we hence the choices. I tried finding the compressor maps for the 6262 in dsm trim but had no luck. Please no bashing my thread with have you done this before or made that much power before that's the goal I have set for myself and yes I have driven a 500awhp car before I am just getting tired of this B16g not having enough top end flow and why waste a nicely built engine with only a B16g. I know there are quite a few other turbo's such as fp green or s362 that would also work but they are not the price range.Current mods are listed below feel free to recommend any changes to current list of mods for goal !!!!!!EvoIII manifold/O2 housing(heavily ported), Buschur Racing 3"Turbo back exhaust with cat delete, Walbro 255 rewired, FIC 880's, aeromotive afpr(-6),recently rebuilt transmission with EVOIII running gears,keydiver custom 94 ecu(won't be using this), EvoIX MR maf,act2600lb/street lite flywheel and all the other basic stuff that will go along with a new engine tbelt,waterpump, oil pump etc no knocks offs oem or proven aftermarket units only. I Will be adding smim,4 bolt rear,bigger TB and large front mount with new intercooler piping.Sorry for the long post got carried away lol..
Thanks.....

"My buddy went from a 6262 (.82AR) to a BW S259 on a T3 manifold. The 6262 was laggier then the BW. I think the FP Green would be a great match on a built 2.0. But if you can afford like a HTA3582 then go for it!

If $$$$$$$ were not an issue then yes I would go for either a BW S300
series or Hta GT3582 those are just beyond my budget right now with all the
other stuff I need to get done to this damn money pit. Maybe I should call
up precision and ask them lol....

brisvr4

When I changed my 6262 dsm exhaust housing to a .82 rear and at the same boost level (30psi) it went from about 460 to somewhere in the mid 500's.
This is a guesstimate by ecmlink
It also went from 123 trap speeds to my latest trap of 128.
If you are looking to drag race it I would go for the .82.
I run it to about 8000 and it pulls hard all the way. I see 30spi right around 5000-5200.

It's a very fun turbo on the street as well.

So after talking to one of the techs at PTE he confirmed what you guys have said the dsm manifold limits the power of the turbo so it looks like I am going to be in for new manifold/turbo/wg/dp/O2 setup well there goes the budget but screw it its only money lot worse things to waste $$$$ on..

talontyme

Quoting FavNumber:
My buddy went from a 6262 (.82AR) to a BW S259 on a T3 manifold. The 6262 was laggier then the BW. I think the FP Green would be a great match on a built 2.0. But if you can afford like a HTA3582 then go for it!

Let me correct this info as I'm the one who setup that trade.
the 6262 was a t3 82.ar that used a dark performance tubular with o2 delete
the s259 was a bolt-on 55.ar using a fp mani
the first problem was the op of the 6262 has a stock 1g motor with bc272 cams which did not help to spool a t3 82.ar turbo,he would have been better off with the 63.ar turbine housing.
the new owner of of the 6262 is seeing full boost(28-30psi)by 5000 and is flowing between 58-62lbs/min with a bs tune and meth his motor is built and is 9:1.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned