The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clunking in driveline

AuSpecVr4

Recently about 3 weeks ago I have been having this clunk noise happen from underneath, it's after gearbox and transfercase. It seems tailshaft related and I can feel it through the floor under your feet on right hand side. It happens under load and directional change eg reverse to first. When I come off load and sit at the lights I will take off and just as the clutch is about disengaged, it makes that noise, could my driveshaft be shot, also it seems to be towards the rear diff to people on the outside, preferably the left hand rear?

GSX_TC

Driveshaft carrier bearing?

AuSpecVr4

Yes I have to get it on stands and see where the noise is coming from, I'll get new carrier bushings too from eBay because the originals haven't been replaced, it seems to happen when I turn right too but I'll get it up and see what I find and Post back, cheers

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned