The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g Coil Pack in a VR$

The8er

Im putting a 2g head in 663 and I would like to use the 2g bracket and coils if possible for ease of installation. Just wonder what is required to make this happen. I have both coil packs and brackets. The plug appears to pin out different between the two and I've noticed a little black box connected to the Galant coil pack...Is this pack needed??

I would like to just swap over the harness as wired on the Galant to the 2g pack if I do this do I also need to transfer the little black box or is it something that was wired direclty to the 2g Goil packs??

AnotherNewb

The little black resistor box is need, though im not sure what it does.

The8er

Ok after further examination it appears they do pin out the same. And according to a wisemen on tuners the black box is some type of capacitor to filter noise. click

Sooooo unless there is something different with the coils I should be able to add the filter and just plug in a set of 2G coils???

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts