The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch Switch...

GSX_TC

Could be that the switch is bad. Mine went bad so I just unplugged it.

GSX_TC

Uh oh, do all 2-steps need that clutch switch to work?

4thStroke

Neither of my clutch sensors work, but ECMLink uses launch control based off of vehicle speed.

I need to get one in working order so I can use NLTS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

SleepinGVR4

So the clutch cut mod is for the 2step and NLTS? OK explain this... why won't my clutch pedal make contact with the upper clutch switch? Even if I adjust the switch all the way it still won't make contact? Is it because it a dsm upper clutch switch?

4thStroke

I can't remember the orientation of the upper switch, but does your pedal have the proper throw/engagement? Have you adjusted the lower switch to allow the pedal to rise higher?

Yes, you can use the normal 2 step and anti-lag launch operation without a working clutch switch, this is how mine is set up.

Yes, clutch cut if for NLTS and Anti-lag shifting. I ran into an issue with mine where the switch was cycling from 0 to 1 like it should for proper operation, but while driving, the motor would cut out at whatever the NLTS RPM was set to.

SleepinGVR4

Yes I've adjusted the pedal and the switches. The pedal does have proper travel.

And I just read what you said about the clutch switch only being needed for the NLTS. I'm going to have to try out the antilag tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif But i'm afraid to try the NLTS. I don't know if my trans will take the abuse.

4thStroke

Check out the video description.

click

NLTS itself is not hard on a transmission. You can NLTS without lifting and without any aid with a good shifting transmission, and that is hard on a tranny.

NLTS does you a favor by cutting power to your preset RPM so you can make those relaxed shifts, normal speed shifts, etc, and keeping the turbo spooled.

Back when I was racing my dads Mustang, I would NLTS that car all day without any aids. If I missed a gear, the motor would redline. With some sort of aid (such as ECMLink NLTS), it would have just bounced off the rev limiter, whatever it would have been set at.

I had NLTS in my Mazdaspeed3 as well. It was nice to be able to run consistently without having to kill my transmission. I was able to keep my foot planted, but spark was cut so the clutch wasn't being engaged at a ridiculously high RPM.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned