The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch dont work when car is cold?

TOM

But when the car is warm or its warm outside it works? It dont work like it should but it works.....

Barnes

In what way does it not work?

SouthCaliVR4

check the slave & master for leaks, master rod adjustment, flush the system to make sure no air & only good fluid is in there & if your issue is gear grinding, what are you using for tranny lube?

what do you mean by not working right?

TOM

I push in the clutch and it wont let me put the car into gear, i have to tunr the car off put it in 1st gear and start it like that till the car gets warm

chrisfullwood

+1 for flushing your clutch system, and check for leaks.
I didn't think there should be a difference in the operation of the clutch system, between the engine being hot or cold.
Isn't the clutch system a closed system?

It must be the surrounding heat heating something up, probably in your clutch master (and/or slave) cylinder, and freeing it up.
you might want to investigate that.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned