The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

another ABS question

so as im driving when i slow down to a stop my abs kicks in for some reason and im driving normal and it makes me scared that its notngona stop because it makes a grinding noise, but then some days my abs light goes on and then it doesnt do it...anyway to not make the abs kick in? idgaf about the light being on

AnotherNewb

Remove the abs fuses and unhook the plugs from the abs pump. Also look for a non abs conversion for sale and drop the 19lb boat anchor from your left front.

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting sleepr4:
so as im driving when i slow down to a stop my abs kicks in for some reason and im driving normal and it makes me scared that its notngona stop because it makes a grinding noise, but then some days my abs light goes on and then it doesnt do it...anyway to not make the abs kick in? idgaf about the light being on

I spent a couple hundred bux trying to trace the same problem in mine. Ultimately it was fixed by being removed to the round file. Situation almost caused two separate accidents.

BoostedAWD91

I've had the same thing happen and yes its very scary. The ABS is horrible and poorly engineered in these cars so your best bet is to pull the fuse on the battery cable fuse block and or completely remove it cause its not worth trying to fix

SouthCaliVR4

Just the main fuse on the battery fuse block will disable the system. to shut the light down you need to unplug the abs module mounted in the trunk (drivers side by the antenna motor, under the side liner). this will take the ABS out of play.

To do a proper full on abs delete you'll need front hard lines from a non abs eclipse or lower trim level galant. I used a brake proportioning valve from a 3000gt but others will also work. Ideally use one from a four wheel disk car to maintain the front rear brake bias.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts