The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil Pressure Sending Unit Setup with 3" DP

Chad989of2000

I'm noticing a bunch of you guys running 3" DPs and was wondering how you installed your oil pressure sending units so you could still clear the DP. I currently have a 2.5" DP and a Greddy sandwich style sending unit, and I barely clear my DP even with using an EVO oil filter (which is shorter than our oem unit). I'm thinking about running a 3" DP and definitely don't want to loose the ability to monitor oil pressure, so what options do I have here?

SouthCaliVR4

Getting the filter in & out is no fun but I have no clearance issue with the sender, it faces straight toward the front of the car & filter faces downpipe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Chad989of2000

Sorry I wasn't so clear...the issue I have is with the filter touching the downpipe...I used to squeeze a Galant specific one on but it actually touched the downpipe and once I saw one melting I switched to the EVO ones. Maybe my Greddy sandwice is too large.

OMFGeofffff

You could run a tee and some adapters and go off of where the dummy light sender is?

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting Chad989of2000:
Sorry I wasn't so clear...the issue I have is with the filter touching the downpipe...I used to squeeze a Galant specific one on but it actually touched the downpipe and once I saw one melting I switched to the EVO ones. Maybe my Greddy sandwice is too large.

With the stock cooler I can fit two fingers easy between the stock size filter ,installed, & the downpipe.

alansupra94

I will check my clearance with my 90 OFH. I think I gained about 1-2 inches without that massive watercooling jacket there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned