The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

j-pipes

chrisfullwood

Ive got 2 intercooler piping kits for my galant, neither of which were designed apparently for use with a factory j-pipe. Can someone point me in the right direction to get my hands on a j-pipe, that will actually hook up to the piping that i have. i have the typical turbo the evoIII 16g, the turbo outlet pipe that connects to the j-pipe lays in front of the exhaust manifold the kit i just got, literally ends directly in front of the turbo outlet, i just have nothing to hook up to it.

i followed everyones advice and got a smaller intercooler, and a different kit to go with it, it doesnt quiet fit, im not sure if im missing pipe, or if the 90 GSX is missing holes that the VR4 has, but between the two kits i can get something to work. the J-Pipe is really the piece thats holding me up.
So if someone can direct me where to find a jpipe that i can use, that would be great. all the ebay ones ive found, all point down towards the ground it appears. my intercooler piping is 2 1/4" i believe. the new stuff i got i think is 2"
thanks

AnotherNewb

What direction do you need the turbo outlet pipe to point? Afaik all aftermarket j pipes are going to point down. If your looking for an outlet that points in the same direction as a factory vr4 you may want to contact ets as they offer a stock route ic kit. Perhaps a pic with the hot side piping mocked up will give everyone else an idea what you need.

chrisfullwood

yea that occurred to me last night. Ill get a picture added tonight.

It probably wouldn't be a big deal if i were living anywhere else, but for some reason all the exhaust shop guys refuse to bend intercooler piping, or have anything to do with it at

chrisfullwood

i appreciate your honesty in the ghetto-ness of what i was talking about....lol

i have a ton of IC piping that works, just the stupid j-pipe...lol Ill google those places you said and see if i can cure the ghetto-ness.

-Statement of the day : sarcasm is the bodies natural defense against stupid!

desant78

if it's a straight piece you need i just made my own...idk what you have available to you but i was able to make the flanges/used a steel tube for the pipe. good luck with your serach!

chrisfullwood

thanks, well if i can find something, i can buy it, but, i cant weld, nor do i have a welder. Ive considered on many occasions, just buying whatever, and cutting the pipe and trying to make it point where i want, and then hope i can find someone who can weld it.

my search continues.

AnotherNewb

Oh... then a stock.gvr4 specific turbo outlet should work just fine. Or you can take the dsm outlet, cut it off at the flange and have it rewelded in the proper position.

chrisfullwood

i guess so, i've been looking for oh about 2 years now, at other peoples cars on here, and i guess i haven't found the right example that matches anything like i see on my car. the IC pipe that is there, is 2" so, ideally something that would hook up to that would be better.

or do i need yo buy a third intercooler, and piping to hook it up a different way?

AnotherNewb

Um, a third intercooler kit isn't going to get you the correct outlet unless you go with something high dollar (think ets). The stock outlet is 1 7/8 if I remember right, so close enough to 2".

chrisfullwood

yea, i know that third intercooler was just a joke....lol. hey does anyone need a 3.5" by 24" by 12"(ish) its a monster, but i dont need it now...lol

i'm talking to a couple of people to hook me up with the right pipe i need for what i have.

Launch

Ok, i found some of the gvr4 ones, drivers side discharge, some without the vac source plug ( can someone verify if thats the 'jspec' one? ... I think i spoke with you in email and it got me diggin lol. I'll post up the pics i took of 16G/gvr4 spec ones in a f/s thread, but i did find one for ya.

Yes, the one without the vac source is a JDM item. I have one of these laying around from an RS engine I bought at years ago from an engine importer.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned