The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car wont roll???s

Ive been working on my car for about a week now and while i was working on it the intermediate shaft got pulled out of the transmission and it leaked a lot of fluid out. I was able to push the intermediate shaft back in and i dont think it was able to leak all the fluid out but today when I tried to roll the car out of the garage it felt like the ebrake was on and didnt want to roll. BTW I havent refilled the transmission with fluid yet. Do you guys think thats what the problem is or is it something else.

Barnes

You mean the transfer case output shaft? The intermediate shaft doesn't just get pulled out.

yeah the output shaft that runs along the backside of the block because the guy who had the car before me didnt bolt it to the back of the block.

jepherz

Staff member
no oil in a parked car isn't going to matter either. Maybe you accidentally left it in gear?

I didnt leave it in gear...but i did have the ebrake on for the week I was working on it...but it hasnt gotten cold enough that the ebrake should stick idk.

14u2nV

Quoting Barnes:
You mean the transfer case output shaft? The intermediate shaft doesn't just get pulled out.

I think he means the axle intermediate shaft.

What were you working on that made the shaft fall out?

Last edited:

I was putting a newish 14b on it and since it wasnt bolted to the block the part that bolts to the block fell down next to the downpipe and as soon as I moved the downpipe to bolt it back up it started leaking fluid.

Quoting rocko:
I didnt leave it in gear...but i did have the ebrake on for the week I was working on it...but it hasnt gotten cold enough that the ebrake should stick idk.

I bet your e-brake is stuck.
take your real wheels off and check it out...

14u2nV

did you bolt it back up? is the ac bracket still there? If not, did you use some washers to space out the axle bracket? maybe you didn't and bound up the axle.

it is still there but I just bolted it to the back of the block...so how many washers should i put in there to space it out....and will i have messed anything up by driving it a couple blocks jw

14u2nV

I don't know how many washers I used, I just stacked a few to fill the gap.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts