The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ggsx turbo have a question

Ok the valves bent replaced the head and something was in it, also think my tensioner was bad so no 1 bend two valves. I said f-it and put in my rebuilt turbo motor. The issue is that it is auto, I didn't have all the stuff to convert to manual and the gf wont learn to drive a manual. So now I have to figure out ic piping but I went custom on my vr4 and don't remember how it all fit( mainly the passenger side . Will I clear the auto trans? Anyone have pics preferably without the maf on?

On another note I have some good notes on this install if anyone is interested but I doubt it is a common conversion I'm only doing it because I had all the equipment and gf likes her galant.

Thanks in advance
Rob

chrisfullwood

It all just depends on how much of the auto transmission intrudes in the space on the passenger side. I can try to take pictures of the custom piping i have on my car tonight, before i pull it all off. I'm swapping my piping over to a different set i just got, for a smaller intercooler (i know.. smaller.. who'd have thought).

i had to refer to the pictures from the guy i brought the piping and cooler from to figure out how it all went together. PM me your email address and ill send you the pictures i get tonight. if you want, if not thats fine too. i figure it might give you an idea of how it can go, and you can see if it works or not.

IncorpoRatedX

You'll be fine. auto GGSX turbo is f***ing sweet if done right, please post pictures of the car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned