The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How to: Install ARP Head Studs and Cometic Head Gasket

Nabeel

click here

Just want to share what I sow. The only note I add is some are spray copper on the head gasket. also you may have 3 nuts hitting the valve springs. So you can use ARP small collar nuts part# 300-8308. Another thing is you can fit ARP studs with out taking off the head if you are not planing to replace the head gasket. but fit the studs one by one don't remove them all at once.

Good luck'

dewman

I have never done the one by one method,but thats just got bad idea written all over it. Just better to go ahead an pull the tb.

turbofonz

Um... you're lubing the wrong end of the studs. Only do the tops.

Last edited:

Nabeel

Yes' he is lubing the wrong end. About one by one method I will do it next week & see if it is bad idea. I have installed cams with out taking off the timing belt from the gears and no problem so far.

Brianawd

What the hell did they do to that head. Looks like they took a belt sander to it.

turbofonz

Also I've done the 1 by 1 method as a last-chance fix to a lifting head, it worked but eventually the gasket went anyways, so the head came off for L19's

alansupra94

Quoting turbofonz:
Um... you're lubing the wrong end of the studs. Only do the tops.

Yeah...seriously who taught this guy to install studs.

Also to get the washer to fit, all I did was drop then in prior to dropping the head. I marked which holes were problematic and then dropped the washer in prior to dropping the head over the headstuds.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned