The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SAFCII Help

So I thought I would play with my SAFC II that my car came with today. Wrote down all the values that worked before I started playing with things, played around a bit (Im a hands on person), and put the values back to where they were. The car is now jerky at full throttle under 4krpm. My low throttle is 30%, high is 70%. I add fueling to the car heavily under lower rpm gradually tapering off through high rpm. I'm not too sure what is going on, so I thought before I broke something expensive I would consult the forums. I've tried adding and subtracting fuel, and neither seems to help.
The car has an evo3 16g at 20psi with 560cc injectors. If anyone can help or needs more info to help, I can give more information. Just not too sure what else anyone would need.

Thanks in advance for any help.

mistaVR4

You could try unhooking the battery to reset the ECU. If the car was running fine before you changed settings and then went back to what worked and it's all funky now its worth a try? Leave it unhooked for about 10 min. or so.

If that doesn't work I'm sure you'll get more advice soon!

citymunky

the best advice i can give is to sell it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

I feel like this should be stickied. Pretty helpful as a basic SAFCII guide. Ive been tweaking mine a bit from the 16g/550cc combo, but the car runs great again.

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts