The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car rides rough and i changed the suspension?!?

I changed my suspension to megan coilovers and car rides extremely rough. I would like to know if this is the way megans are suppose to feel. And also what possible could be busted on the car that would still make it ride rough. Also what would be some comfortable suspension setups thats sporty but also rides smooth.

Nartanian

By rough do you mean it rides stiff? Try lowering your damper settings. Make sure to get the car and aligned and corner balanced as well.

4thStroke

The car will ride stiff regardless of the settings.

Coilover suspension is generally meant for aggressive handling, so they will ride stiff, especially if you are comparing them to the original equipment. The cheaper coilovers don't usually have much adjustment.

Ok thanx i need a wheel alignment thats the only thing i aint do. But besides that if i was to change over to strut and spring what would be my best bet?

4thStroke

In most cases, yes. The possibilities are nearly endless for strut and spring combinations, which include Evo struts and spring with some modification. Search the forum, there is a lot of good info posted.

Nartanian

Also add to this thread before you revert to stock suspensions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts