The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

shifter cables, where to get new ones?

Brunoboy

I installed my new trans, bled the slave, and it would only shift from 2nd and 4th and neutral, 1,3,5 and R never engage....-__-, I went outside to look at my shifter cable and one tore at the boot(idk if this would do anything) but I am sure I need to replace it. Where can I get a new pair and how long does it take for install?
-Shane

SleepinGVR4

You can get a new set from JNZ tuning. As for install, I bet its a pain. Remove the whole center consul and your head unit and you'll still be reaching for the 2 mounting bolts. I did mine when I stripped the interior.

Tre3zy

haha so i was right.... thats gonna be a pain in the ass to do....

Brunoboy

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
You can get a new set from JNZ tuning. As for install, I bet its a pain. Remove the whole center consul and your head unit and you'll still be reaching for the 2 mounting bolts. I did mine when I stripped the interior.

i do not see a set on jnz.. could you link me? thanks
-Shane

donkeylips

I don't know what kind of availability there is but if you use CAPS to look up the part number, you can get a price in JNZs OEM catalog. All of the different cars (gvr4, FWD DSM, AWD DSM) seem to work interchangeably but have different part numbers. On some sets, both cables are adjustable, and on others, only one is adjustable. So your best bet might be to just call JNZ and ask them about it - they're pretty knowledgable.

As far as install, it seems like a PITA but it's easy. Just pull the center console, pull out the pins and clips at both ends, get the two bolts on the firewall from inside the car, and the one on the block that holds them down under the dash. The least annoying method I've found for reaching the two bolts is to get in on the driver's side, and lay across both front seats.

Here's the link for jnz tuning click on this and enter this part number MB659306.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunoboy

I've never removed the center console, any tips?

donkeylips

You need to remove the things that the seatbelts go through that are bolted to the seat. Remove the things on the side of the console and slide the whole seatbelt inside. Might work best to unbolt the thing first. You've got a couple screws towards the back, a few up front. Radio has to come out. Don't strip out any of the screws.

Brunoboy

Hmm, total install time for a newb?

you can get my new to you ones lol. its not that hard getting the two bolts out can be done with patience and a wrench or pull your heater unit and its easy. but that means pulling your dash too lol.

Brunoboy

Alright lol package my stuff up I'll package your stuff up.

14u2nV

When you enter that part number on JNZ's website, is that for the pair or each?

Quoting brunoboy:
Alright lol package my stuff up I'll package your stuff up.

Dont talk about my package.

Brunoboy

Quoting 14u2nV:

163$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

GSXCONVERT lol, dont add to the fire ahahaha

BrandonEchols

I've got shifter cables from a 1G (assuming they're the same?) I'll sell for cheap.

Brunoboy

Quoting BrandonEchols:
I've got shifter cables from a 1G (assuming they're the same?) I'll sell for cheap.

Thanks, but I got some from gsxconvert, and for all of you guys for future reference. click

Quoting 14u2nV:

????? Pair or each? Anyone know?

SleepinGVR4

You can't order just one individual cable. They come as a pair with the mounting plate that bolts to the fire wall with both cables going through this plate. They are not made to be separated.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts