The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need an extra inch

PreskitVR4

Any ideas on getting an extra inch of ride height out of the rear of 501? She's a bit too low, Im almost positive its the DSM springs and struts, and those twist in coil spacers move around way too much. Any ideas would help, thx

alansupra94

Thats what she said.

quagmire-3865.jpg

BPU925

will some rear adjustable control arms help?...i was goin to pick a set up to fix the camber but it looks like it might lift it a little also in the rear....ill know in a few weeks....

PreskitVR4

Quoting BPU925:
will some rear adjustable control arms help?...i was goin to pick a set up to fix the camber but it looks like it might lift it a little also in the rear....ill know in a few weeks....

i have broken like 4 sets of those. very weak in adjustable section....

KiNgMaRtY

That is your problem, the DSM specific rear springs are softer causing your car too sag. Get some H&R VR-4 specific springs and you will complain about the rear end being too high. Most cut off a spring

BPU925

Quoting PreskitVR4:
Quoting BPU925:

i have broken like 4 sets of those. very weak in adjustable section....

aww crap for real?....i was about to pick a set up in a week or two for both my cars....certain brands that are weak or are they all like that?

Vman911

1G springs are lower in rear. I had a set. They were 1.5" in rear mixed with 2" for front that made it level until u hit a bump and rear would bottom out. I switched to H & R 1.5" vr4 springs and I love them.

BPU925

where can i find the h&r springs?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned