The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch Disenagement Inconsistent

4thStroke

After I make a pull or two, my QM disengagement moves towards the floor. It still disengages and shifts fine, but this is not normal operation so it is a little worrisome. Sometimes if I leave the car sit over night after this happens, the clutch still releases right off the floor. After 50 miles or so of normal driving, the travel returns to normal.

If I slip the clutch excessively, the pedal will start to release towards the top of the travel. Letting the clutch cool down allows for the clutch to release where I have it set.

The master is just a few years old, and the slave is just 2 years old. Neither of them leak and the fluid level has not dropped. I added the steel braided line when I changed out the slave.

I've ran this clutch for over a year now and am just now having these issues. The friction discs are the new TMZ gear drive unit, while the rest of the clutch has maybe 15,000 easy miles. I've launched this clutch maybe 5 times.

I suspect it's the master, but it doesn't make sense to me right now why it only does this after I make a pull.

When I had the ACT 2600/sprung 6 puck, I had similar issues with the clutch not disengaging after a high RPM pull that resulted in inconsistent clutch operation. Replacing the slave and adding the steel line helped this issue.

Does it wound like there is an issue in the hydraulic system or maybe the clutch itself?

rgeier11

Try bleeding out the system. It will take 10min.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned